rear ride height

General Discussion Forum for TRX Enthusiasts...

Moderators: trixynut, Mincehead, dicky, phuk72, Jak, Kevtrx849

Kayla
Site Sponsor

Re: rear ride height

Post by Kayla » Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:31 pm

phuk72 wrote:
Strix wrote:What length of dogbones would give 15-20 mm raise at the rear? Can you do them? :D

Lowered 20 mm, as in measured from the top or 20 mm more (lower) than original?
That's prety much teh effect YZF dogbones have ;)
Well, the YZF dogbones give around a 35mm lift, so I suppose the effect on the attitude of the bike is similar, however, by using +20 on the back and -20 on the front you're keeping the overall height of the bike standard-ish instead of raising the whole shebang by up to 35mm.

Strix- 179mm dogbones will give around 12mm lift and 173mm will give around 31mm. I can make some lengths up in between (176-177mm) if you like.

Just because you're breathing, it doesn't mean you're alive.

Strix
TRX-Enthusiast

Re: rear ride height

Post by Strix » Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:32 pm

Kayla wrote:
phuk72 wrote:
Strix wrote:What length of dogbones would give 15-20 mm raise at the rear? Can you do them? :D

Lowered 20 mm, as in measured from the top or 20 mm more (lower) than original?
That's prety much teh effect YZF dogbones have ;)
Well, the YZF dogbones give around a 35mm lift, so I suppose the effect on the attitude of the bike is similar, however, by using +20 on the back and -20 on the front you're keeping the overall height of the bike standard-ish instead of raising the whole shebang by up to 35mm.

Strix- 179mm dogbones will give around 12mm lift and 173mm will give around 31mm. I can make some lengths up in between (176-177mm) if you like.
Phuk72, what Kayla said so --> :2birdies: :P

As mentioned - I have already tried the YZF ones and it was about 30-35 mm lift. Too much.
Sounds like we have hit the sweetspot Kayla - yep Im in for a pair of those.

PM me for payment and so on.

Thanks.
Just happy to cruise the TRX.