Big bore headers available soon

Please share your secrets! What mods have you made to your TRX?

Moderators: trixynut, Mincehead, dicky, phuk72, Jak, Kevtrx849

drmac
TRX-Enthusiast

Re: Big bore headers available soon

Post by drmac » Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:57 pm

Kayla

I will be up for a set of 2 -1 pipes (saves me trying to make them :) ) , can you give me a shout when you need payment.

Cheers

Steve

SDN
Site Sponsor

Post by SDN » Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:42 pm

Sounds good to me hand made headerss in good grade stainless right side 0f £400 - count me in for one last time a set of 2 into1 into 2's

Kayla
Site Sponsor

Post by Kayla » Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:51 am

Right, all I need to do now is arrange to collect the rolling chassis after the new year and I'll get it moving. Thanks for all of your input :D

Just because you're breathing, it doesn't mean you're alive.

Kayla
Site Sponsor

Post by Kayla » Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:56 pm

I've got the TRX booked in for the 7th and 8th of February to have both types of headers made, as long as I can still get the rolling chassis I was going to borrow.

highlander
Site Sponsor

Post by highlander » Sat Dec 24, 2011 5:39 pm

Hi Kayla, I'm in for a two into one. Graeme.
Projection Racing 2-1 with Akropovic hex carbon can, Keihin FCRs @ 150 main, R6 shock conversion, 520 chain conversion, Ignitech ignition, Li-po battery. Further weight reduction & front suspension in progress ....

Kayla
Site Sponsor

Post by Kayla » Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:02 am

Sorry to bump this again, but with the date looming (7th Feb) to take the TRX in to have the systems made, can I have as near a definite show of hands for these please? I've had a couple of PMs from people who don't want them any more is all.

SDN
Site Sponsor

Post by SDN » Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:44 pm

Hi Kayla, can you give us ball park price - am definately interested, but cost must be realistic as the over system is available for 1000euros

Kayla
Site Sponsor

Post by Kayla » Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:44 pm

SDN wrote:Hi Kayla, can you give us ball park price - am definately interested, but cost must be realistic as the over system is available for 1000euros
A ball park, ball park price (ie not a definite ball park, a vague ball park!) is £275-£300 for the 2-1 and £375-£400 for the 2-1-2. This price is without cans and is subject to change once I have a proper price which I'll know for sure when I take the bike up, but budget around those figures.

Even factoring the cost of new cans if you wanted (but I assumed most would have a pair of 50mm cans they're already using), that's a realistic price for a hand made in the UK, TIG welded stainless system.

drix
Site Sponsor

Post by drix » Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:41 pm

Kayla wrote:
SDN wrote:Hi Kayla, can you give us ball park price - am definately interested, but cost must be realistic as the over system is available for 1000euros
A ball park, ball park price (ie not a definite ball park, a vague ball park!) is £275-£300 for the 2-1 and £375-£400 for the 2-1-2. This price is without cans and is subject to change once I have a proper price which I'll know for sure when I take the bike up, but budget around those figures.

Even factoring the cost of new cans if you wanted (but I assumed most would have a pair of 50mm cans they're already using), that's a realistic price for a hand made in the UK, TIG welded stainless system.
Hey Kayla

For circ that budget above, I'm in for a 2-1-2. 8)

Obv, if the price ends up being close to a MAB or OVER system, then there is little point going ahead. (just making sure we all have the same common sense :lol: )

Thanks for arranging that and making it happen Kayla! :wink:

Kayla
Site Sponsor

Post by Kayla » Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:14 pm

drix wrote: Hey Kayla

Obv, if the price ends up being close to a MAB or OVER system, then there is little point going ahead. (just making sure we all have the same common sense :lol: )

Thanks, and yes, I have the same common sense :lol: The SZR660 system is very similar to the TRX 2-1 so I can't see there being too much difference in the price, it's the 2-1-2 collector that will cost because it's not 'simply' a case of bending a few tubes and welding them up- if I'm too far out on the estimate I'll get them to make a 2-1 up first and get back here with a definite price for the 2-1-2 before they go ahead.

drix
Site Sponsor

Post by drix » Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:24 pm

Kayla wrote:
drix wrote: Hey Kayla

Thanks, and yes, I have the same common sense :lol: The SZR660 system is very similar to the TRX 2-1 so I can't see there being too much difference in the price, it's the 2-1-2 collector that will cost because it's not 'simply' a case of bending a few tubes and welding them up- if I'm too far out on the estimate I'll get them to make a 2-1 up first and get back here with a definite price for the 2-1-2 before they go ahead.
The approach sounds good to me RE 2-1-2. A 2-1 it will be otherwise, still better than standard pipes! :wink:

andyaber
Site Sponsor

Post by andyaber » Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:51 pm

Hi Kayla

I'm up for a 2-1 at that sort of price.

Cheers, Andy.

drmac
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by drmac » Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:25 pm

Hi Kayla

Im still in for a 2 in 1 system

Cheers
Steve

markrennie
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by markrennie » Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:51 pm

Hi Kayla,
i'm new to this site and havent introduced myself yet. i was wandering what was happening with the headers? i have a bike which has been converted to a barely road legal track bike with lovely new fcr's and would like some fat headers to help out the flow. i would be happy to go for what ever everyone else is going for, please let me know what the score is.

markrennie
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by markrennie » Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:26 am

oh and i have the yzf swingarm conversion which is fouling my beowulf link pipes whilst having the rear jacked up around 40mm. so will the link pipes be able to clear this problem.

cheers
mark :)