TRX Restoration Project

Please share your secrets! What mods have you made to your TRX?

Moderators: trixynut, Mincehead, dicky, phuk72, Jak, Kevtrx849

jjmoto
Site Sponsor

Re: TRX Restoration Project

Post by jjmoto » Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:18 am

I went for the Shock Factory option for simple adjustment it's similar in spec to a basic Niton for the price of a Hagon emulsion job. I don't know shipping cost to Oz but I paid £350 delivered. An R6 shock is going to be £100 plus adapter plus rebuild/revalve it's heading for the same price.

Spiky
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by Spiky » Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:48 am

jjmoto wrote:I went for the Shock Factory option for simple adjustment it's similar in spec to a basic Niton for the price of a Hagon emulsion job. I don't know shipping cost to Oz but I paid £350 delivered. An R6 shock is going to be £100 plus adapter plus rebuild/revalve it's heading for the same price.
I didn't realise that an R6 shock would need a 'revalve/rebuild'....this is news to me. Anyone?

There's a pretty good supply of R6 stuff coming out of the States at the moment, so it's realistic for me to acquire the ex-R6 parts that I need for change out of AU$200, plus an additional AU$80 for the adaptor. This is literally half the price of any other quality option.
"Keep in mind that the true measure of an individual is how he treats a person who can do him absolutely no good".

cobbadiggabuddyblooo
Site Sponsor

Post by cobbadiggabuddyblooo » Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:17 am

Similar stroke lengths on both shocks but the different overall bike weights, Longer swingarm and shorter travel on the R6 , relay arm etc including front/rear sprocket size which all impact on initial rising rate damping set up and Spring choice so that's why the damping changes.
This is 1 reason why the R6 shock has a heavier Spring rate than the trx but it's still set up for the same rider weight as the heavier trx bike weight.
For the same price you can just get the std rear shock rebuilt and sprung to your weight and that totally transforms the rear end.
Just sort out what rear ride height you want to use first before the rebuild as the dog bone length impacts on your spring rate too. Tell who ever is referbishing the shock if you've changed this so they can factor that in on Spring choice.
laughter is the best medicine