Engine swap

Please share your secrets! What mods have you made to your TRX?

Moderators: trixynut, Mincehead, dicky, phuk72, Jak, Kevtrx849

Ben4647
TRX-Enthusiast

Engine swap

Post by Ben4647 » Tue Jul 02, 2019 2:36 am

Hello, does anyone know if the tdm 900 engine will bolt straight into a trx frame? And if not straight in, what mods need to be done to make it fit?
I currently ride a trx kitted out with Yamaha R7 forks, wheels, bars, rear shock and swingarm, however I am looking to make another trx, running the 900 engine, with R1 forks and swingarm, and then work other bits around that..
Any advise or if anyone has done this engine swap before, i’d Really like to hear about it!!

Rod.s
Site Sponsor

Re: Engine swap

Post by Rod.s » Tue Jul 02, 2019 3:35 am

Ben4647 wrote:Hello, does anyone know if the tdm 900 engine will bolt straight into a trx frame? And if not straight in, what mods need to be done to make it fit?
I currently ride a trx kitted out with Yamaha R7 forks, wheels, bars, rear shock and swingarm, however I am looking to make another trx, running the 900 engine, with R1 forks and swingarm, and then work other bits around that..
Any advise or if anyone has done this engine swap before, i’d Really like to hear about it!!
The simple answer is yes, do a search on this forum and you'll find all the intricacies (mounting lugs etc) of fitting a EFI TDM900 engine into a carburettor TRX850. If you are just looking for a big bore 900cc upgrade then the barrels, rods and pistons will fit the TRX850 lower half, with some small mods. But is it worth it?
If it's not made in China, it's a fake!

Ben4647
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by Ben4647 » Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:31 pm

Ok, I am new to this forum stuff, haven’t joined one related to any of my other bikes.. would it be possible for you to tag or add a link to the chat that talks about the alterations and requirements for this mod?

I’m loving the 850, but i’M looking to make something a bit fun and different to the average trx..
long story short, I intend to build myself another trx with the 900 injected motor, as well as having the 850 carb motor..

Rod.s
Site Sponsor

Post by Rod.s » Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:02 am

Ben4647 wrote:Ok, I am new to this forum stuff, haven’t joined one related to any of my other bikes.. would it be possible for you to tag or add a link to the chat that talks about the alterations and requirements for this mod?

I’m loving the 850, but i’M looking to make something a bit fun and different to the average trx..
long story short, I intend to build myself another trx with the 900 injected motor, as well as having the 850 carb motor..
Hear ya go.
http://www.trx850.com/phpBB_forum/search.php
If it's not made in China, it's a fake!

coxylaad
Site Sponsor

Post by coxylaad » Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:07 am

http://www.trx850.com/phpBB_forum/viewt ... f=6&t=6637

start to completion of the project. Some images have been lost with photobucket being a nob but there are ways round that.