Recent mods

Please share your secrets! What mods have you made to your TRX?

Moderators: trixynut, Mincehead, dicky, phuk72, Jak, Kevtrx849

jjmoto
Site Sponsor

Recent mods

Post by jjmoto » Sat May 20, 2017 8:38 am

Just managed to get my new cans fitted. Some time ago a mate gave me a pair of Fuel oval cans that had done barely any miles on his TL1000R. I got some stainless tube & sheet off ebay & made up some flanges which i got tig welded (never worked with stainless before, its hard work!!) long term the plan is to get these sleeves welded to the link pipes which will in turn be welded to the down pipes to make a one piece system with the bolt on cans. Only problem so far being oval they are a pig to match each side exactly. Had to fit db killers they are SERIOUSLY LOUD compared with the Scorpion cans they are replacing.
Not managed to get many miles in yet but initial impressions of the Shock Factory M-Shock are good, smoother more controlled ride.
Biggest revalation though..... SV mirrors! I know its a well known mod but honestly what a difference, i can actually see whats going on behind me! I bought pattern ones from China on ebay, less than £15, just had to file the holes in the mounting base into slots & twist them around to get them on the widest lowest position. Just need to find some time to actually ride it now.