Big bore headers available soon

Please share your secrets! What mods have you made to your TRX?

Moderators: trixynut, Mincehead, dicky, phuk72, Jak, Kevtrx849

Kayla
Site Sponsor

Re: Big bore headers available soon

Post by Kayla » Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:28 am

markrennie wrote:oh and i have the yzf swingarm conversion which is fouling my beowulf link pipes whilst having the rear jacked up around 40mm. so will the link pipes be able to clear this problem.

cheers
mark :)
Hi Mark,

I don't know, sorry.

To everyone-

The TRX is in having the 2-1 made but they're not sure they can do the 2-1-2 now they have the bike to look at. I taped a couple of layers of thick card to the standard swingarm to make it the same width as a Thunderace swingarm (which is slightly fatter than a YZF arm but isn't braced) so the 2-1 will clear the wider arm. The system is sprung as well, not clamped, so there'll be a little bit of wiggle room once it's loosely fitted to a bike.

However - and this is a disclaimer - the system is designed to fit around a standard-ish bike using the standard pillion peg/exhaust hanger and it's expected that if you're looking to fit a sprung race/track system you'll know how to fit the parts and that generic 50mm cans aren't all the same- the hanger strap may need to be modified/spaced/replaced. I've used a simple round ally can with a central hanging strap to make the system around so if you have a short, tri-oval-toroid, upside down, inside out Yoshipovic can you might have to do some work ;)

Sorry if this sounds a little harsh and uncaring :lol:

Just because you're breathing, it doesn't mean you're alive.

markrennie
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by markrennie » Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:53 am

Kayla wrote:
markrennie wrote:oh and i have the yzf swingarm conversion which is fouling my beowulf link pipes whilst having the rear jacked up around 40mm. so will the link pipes be able to clear this problem.

cheers
mark :)
Hi Mark,

I don't know, sorry.

To everyone-

The TRX is in having the 2-1 made but they're not sure they can do the 2-1-2 now they have the bike to look at. I taped a couple of layers of thick card to the standard swingarm to make it the same width as a Thunderace swingarm (which is slightly fatter than a YZF arm but isn't braced) so the 2-1 will clear the wider arm. The system is sprung as well, not clamped, so there'll be a little bit of wiggle room once it's loosely fitted to a bike.

However - and this is a disclaimer - the system is designed to fit around a standard-ish bike using the standard pillion peg/exhaust hanger and it's expected that if you're looking to fit a sprung race/track system you'll know how to fit the parts and that generic 50mm cans aren't all the same- the hanger strap may need to be modified/spaced/replaced. I've used a simple round ally can with a central hanging strap to make the system around so if you have a short, tri-oval-toroid, upside down, inside out Yoshipovic can you might have to do some work ;)

Sorry if this sounds a little harsh and uncaring :lol:
Thanks for letting me know kayla, 2-1 is fine by me. at least if the bike goes down on track i have a 50/50 chance of not squashing a can, and if i do then now will have a spare to replace it :D .

please keep us informed on how you're getting on and when we can get one.

mark

highlander
Site Sponsor

Post by highlander » Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:05 pm

Kayla wrote: I've used a simple round ally can with a central hanging strap to make the system around so if you have a short, tri-oval-toroid, upside down, inside out Yoshipovic can you might have to do some work ;)
Are you setting up for some additional custom exhaust hanger business at project components Kayla? =D>
Projection Racing 2-1 with Akropovic hex carbon can, Keihin FCRs @ 150 main, R6 shock conversion, 520 chain conversion, Ignitech ignition, Li-po battery. Further weight reduction & front suspension in progress ....

Kayla
Site Sponsor

Post by Kayla » Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:26 am

highlander wrote:
Kayla wrote: I've used a simple round ally can with a central hanging strap to make the system around so if you have a short, tri-oval-toroid, upside down, inside out Yoshipovic can you might have to do some work ;)
Are you setting up for some additional custom exhaust hanger business at projection components Kayla? =D>
:lol: No, nothing like that. They're using the standard pillion peg/exhaust hanger to hold the can in place so everything will/should line up if you're using a usual-sized, usual length round or oval can with a central hanging strap.

SDN
Site Sponsor

Post by SDN » Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:16 am

Will be a real shame if they can't do a two into one into two, as quite a lot of folks would ike one me included

drix
Site Sponsor

Post by drix » Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:15 pm

SDN wrote:Will be a real shame if they can't do a two into one into two, as quite a lot of folks would ike one me included
For sure but on the plus side, a 2-1 will be cheaper than a 2-1-2 so you can splash out on a fancy new can or other trick bits for your bike... or maybe a romantic dinner with your missus, but only if you really really have to! :lol:

Kayla
Site Sponsor

Post by Kayla » Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:42 pm

drix wrote:
SDN wrote:Will be a real shame if they can't do a two into one into two, as quite a lot of folks would ike one me included
For sure but on the plus side, a 2-1 will be cheaper than a 2-1-2 so you can splash out on a fancy new can or other trick bits for your bike... or maybe a romantic dinner with your missus, but only if you really really have to! :lol:
And lighter too, which is kind of what I'm aiming for :D You'll save the weight of the left can, hanger and the link pipe (around 5kg or so?)

drmac
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by drmac » Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:07 pm

Any pictures yet ??? [-o<

SDN
Site Sponsor

Post by SDN » Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:00 am

Kayla wrote:
drix wrote:
And lighter too, which is kind of what I'm aiming for :D You'll save the weight of the left can, hanger and the link pipe (around 5kg or so?)
Yeah, but no but -I have carbon end can so probably won't make a hell of a lot of difference and ( big word of the day ) aesthetically speaking, for my money, two cans looks loads better

Kayla
Site Sponsor

Post by Kayla » Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:21 pm

drmac wrote:Any pictures yet ??? [-o<
Not yet, but here's a peaky sneak of the XR600 flat tracker system they've just made up for me-

I'm sponsoring Full Lock Or Death in the UK flat track championship :D

Killerwhale
Site Sponsor

Post by Killerwhale » Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:24 pm

Kayla wrote:
drmac wrote:Any pictures yet ??? [-o<
Not yet, but here's a peaky sneak of the XR600 flat tracker system they've just made up for me-

I'm sponsoring Full Lock Or Death in the UK flat track championship :D
Looking good indeed! =D>

SDN
Site Sponsor

Post by SDN » Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:49 pm

Yes top quality - do your best on the two can system as would really like a nice bright stainless system. Also tye bike looks really interesting, I do have somthing of a weakness for singles. Put some photos up on build progress

Kayla
Site Sponsor

Post by Kayla » Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:54 pm

SDN wrote:Yes top quality - do your best on the two can system as would really like a nice bright stainless system. Also tye bike looks really interesting, I do have somthing of a weakness for singles. Put some photos up on build progress
It's not mine but you can see progress here-

http://fulllockordeath.posterous.com/

Kayla
Site Sponsor

Post by Kayla » Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:06 am

I've had an update about the headers. They've got the primaries done for both systems and are working on the links for both now. Sorry it's taken so long to have these made :oops:

Killerwhale
Site Sponsor

Post by Killerwhale » Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:49 am

Kayla wrote:I've had an update about the headers. They've got the primaries done for both systems and are working on the links for both now. Sorry it's taken so long to have these made :oops:
It suits me as i´ve had a lotta expenses this month being 40 and throwing partys!
Fresh money the 23rd =D>