Please Keep an Eye Out for Spammers...

General Discussion Forum for TRX Enthusiasts...

Moderators: trixynut, Mincehead, dicky, phuk72, Jak, Kevtrx849

Max
Janitor

Please Keep an Eye Out for Spammers...

Post by Max » Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:34 am

Since going back to the "admin confirm" registration process (no choice, last board upgrade overrides our "create account" mod we had) we've had a lot of sign-ups that may not be legit. We won't know until they post.

I have just activated a whole page of "people". Surely a few of them are spambots so if you see them posting garbage, please report it in this announcement so I can delete them. [-X

Also, I added a "Silly Question" to the profiles. It's required at new sign-up (or when you modify your profile). Maybe this will help to combat the bots.
Max

(TaZ, tz250w)

slow codger
Site Sponsor

Re: Please Keep an Eye Out for Spammers...

Post by slow codger » Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:06 pm

max_test_account isn't looking good lol, unless it is Max testing a new account with dodgy questions lol!

Dave E
An infiltrator from the dark side!

Jak
Site Administrator

Post by Jak » Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:12 pm

It's just one of his many personalities ... there's a few on here :lol: don't worry, I'm keeping an eye on him :twisted:

As for spammers ... if they post in a thread, can you stick a comment in the chat box with a note of their username (or PM me)
This forum is (and will remain) free of advertising
Please help keep it that way : click here for details of how to donate towards forum costs

Killerwhale
Site Sponsor

Post by Killerwhale » Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:40 pm

Jak wrote:It's just one of his many personalities ... there's a few on here :lol: don't worry, I'm keeping an eye on him :twisted:

As for spammers ... if they post in a thread, can you stick a comment in the chat box with a note of their username (or PM me)

Good work on ya....wich reminds me it´s time to give some sponsoring $´s.....