need someones help with summit please?

General Discussion Forum for TRX Enthusiasts...

Moderators: trixynut, Mincehead, dicky, phuk72, Jak, Kevtrx849

rct
TRX-Enthusiast

need someones help with summit please?

Post by rct » Wed Aug 29, 2007 6:56 pm

ok what i need is for someone that has a rear hook paddock stand to take off there hook part of the stand, and trace the outline on some paper and scan that and post it up with poss dimentions?
i an going to convert my rear stand but i just need a pic with some dimentions to please?
many thanks for your help RCT

Quan-Time
Site Sponsor

Post by Quan-Time » Thu Aug 30, 2007 7:57 am

umm... im not really sure why you need plans.. its easy to design the shape needed..

Theres actually 3 designs that i know of. theres a "universal" design, which is bobbin free, theres the "normal" style. which 99% of ppl have, and theres the "hook" style that is able to stay on the bobbins while actually riding,, its useful for scruteneering and then riding off, just rock the bike off, and the stand stays "hooked on" without being a problem...

The top pic is a 3d view angle.. it goes under the swingarm if that makes sense. it will fit on 99% of bikes. obviously single sided swingarm / some crazy shaped swingers wont work.

The middle is the normal one that most ppl have..

The hook literally has a hook.. so as you ride off, see how it will still hold on ? for a WALKING pace thru the pits or something it does work quite well,, dont go fast,, it will bounce up and hit the tail light and smash it.. ive not seen it happen, but i have seen them bounce high.. They are easy to get on and off aswell.. So its really personal choice which way you want to go..

Hope this explains it well.. If not, i can take a physical pic of mine if needed. (i have a uni, but im actually modding it to hook, as i got some bobbins now)
-------------------
I dont have a sig
-------------------

rct
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by rct » Thu Aug 30, 2007 8:58 am

sweet thats just what i wanted thanks
RCT