New member in south Wales, UK

General Discussion Forum for TRX Enthusiasts...

Moderators: trixynut, Mincehead, dicky, phuk72, Jak, Kevtrx849

gavinfdavies
TRX-Enthusiast

New member in south Wales, UK

Post by gavinfdavies » Mon May 27, 2019 2:43 pm

Thanks for the speedy add :-) Just put a deposit down on a 1999 TRX with 18k on the clocks in nice original condition. Trading in a more valuable Silverwing 600, so I'm basically being paid £400 to ride home on a TRX :D Bike arrives next week, but just spent £170 of my trade in cash on a second hand Projection 2-1 with blue-flame can I spotted on flea bay.

Funny how everyone wants to buy a standard bike... then promptly mods it...!

Oh, and by way of an introduction, I'm based in Newport (south Wales), and have a few other bikes: MSX125 (daytime only), GPX250 with race suspension, a ratty GPZ500 (first ever bike), and a Royal Enfield continental GT 535 waiting rebuild. Used to ride all the time, only the wife had a car, but got fed up with winter salt ruining my bikes, so bought a 1.7 Ford Puma... then a month later changed up to a 90s 3.8 V6 Mustang, then changed up again to a much better Chevy Camaro with a 5.7 V8 that can eat an early M3. My justification to the wife was that it's 'collectible' and hence with hold its value, and it cost less than a 2 year old Corsa...

handsomejackuk
TRX-Enthusiast

Re: New member in south Wales, UK

Post by handsomejackuk » Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:14 am

hi from abertillery.... got a trx 13,000 miles dont use it though its stored locally for a few years.

andyaber
Site Sponsor

Post by andyaber » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:39 am

Hi, Gavin.

I'm in Caerphilly but my trx has been sorned for a few years now. Keep promising to do the few jobs and mot it but keep missing the summer.

Sounds like you had an excellent deal getting the trx, enjoy it.

Cheers, Andy.

Busa2000
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by Busa2000 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:12 pm

Hi I am also in Newport had my TRX since January , had a TDM a few years ago and always had a hankering for anTRX after seeing a friends modified one , was looking around for ages trying to find the right bike and then 2 came up at same time in Yorkshire. So headed up and came back the owner of my first TRX had to wait a few weeks for it to be delivered as didn’t fancy riding in the shit weather . Been very happy since . Will keep my eye out for yourself when I am out and about. :D