FCR's to a set

General Discussion Forum for TRX Enthusiasts...

Moderators: trixynut, Mincehead, dicky, phuk72, Jak, Kevtrx849

Rane850
TRX-Enthusiast

FCR's to a set

Post by Rane850 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:22 am

Hi fellows, I got pair of 39 FCR's, they are intended for Duc, so they are now separate with twin throttle cables. Has anyone experiences of pairing these (bolting together)? Where to get all necessary hardware in EU and does it have possibilityto install TPS sensor?
What kind of Filters are you using with FCR's
All information will be taken with much of appreciation .
TRX850 bubum bubum - 96 and 98
XT500 -80 bum bum bum

cobbadiggabuddyblooo
Site Sponsor

Re: FCR's to a set

Post by cobbadiggabuddyblooo » Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:11 am

You will also need longer spigots on the FCR's as the Ducati ones are shorter.
Check this with the FCR's you have.
With the FCR's fitted you will find you can not seat them properly into the intake rubbers because the accelerator pump will hit against the oil filler pipe.
I've seen one trx that got around this by cutting the filler pipe down and attaching a flexible plastic pipe. You may need longer throttle cables too so check all these added difference as it may turn out to be an expensive mod and may be just as cheap to buy a new pair of FCR's.
laughter is the best medicine

Trixed
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by Trixed » Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:08 am

I waited a while for the 41s to get the right result from the install. If I was u I d try and procure 41s. The 39s will still get slurped by triumph Bonneville/ Ducati aficionados for a good price.
The end result is well worth the wait =P~
It is time to rev your hearts!

Rane850
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by Rane850 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:47 am

Here's pic of one FCR, what do you mean, cobbadiggabuddyblooo, with spigots ? These seem to have quite long tubes after carb.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TRX850 bubum bubum - 96 and 98
XT500 -80 bum bum bum

cobbadiggabuddyblooo
Site Sponsor

Post by cobbadiggabuddyblooo » Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:07 am

Yes that is it that screws into the into the front of the carbie, 8)
Bell mouths or air box adaptor mount to the rear for the uninitiated who may be reading.
26mm springs to mind on the Ducati spigots and 33mm for the TRX and that is when screwed in place. (from carby body to end of spigot)

The throttle cable may be an easy fix with a little thought with a mounting so they pull from the top cross rail on the frame (just remember the thermostat housing and wiring mass lives there too ) . TPS may be a challenge.
laughter is the best medicine