Problem with oil change..

General Discussion Forum for TRX Enthusiasts...

Moderators: trixynut, Mincehead, dicky, phuk72, Jak, Kevtrx849

devonnick
TRX-Enthusiast

Problem with oil change..

Post by devonnick » Sat Nov 29, 2014 6:22 pm

Hi I have just done a oil and filter change.... after draining the the oil at the main sump and the oil filter drain I left it draining for a good hour before replacing the drain plugs I could not run the engine to warm it up as i did not know how much oil was in the motor...slowly filling it up today i have got about 3 litres in when it covered the oil level window ..so I fired it up and let it tickover until oil came out of the bleed hole on top left of the motor...checking the level and it has not dropped at al...l I don't feel that I have overfilled it as it only took 3 litres so far ..any ideas on what's going on ? cheers.

Con Rod
Site Sponsor

Re: Problem with oil change..

Post by Con Rod » Sun Nov 30, 2014 3:11 am

just run it for 5 minutes or so, the oil level will drop in the sight window if it is low on oil

with 3 litres it will run ok
Paul

devonnick
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by devonnick » Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:57 am

Thanks ConRod I will run it and check it again .

devonnick
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by devonnick » Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:23 pm

Right I got it ...the oil level must have dropped past the window and I thought it was full as the oil window when empty looks like it has oil in it :oops: ..I drained the oil out and refilled it watching the window as i did..as the oil had discoloured slightly it was clear when the level was reached ..it took nearly 4 litres this time and after running it the level is good.... =D> thanks .