Dynatec coils , mud map

Moderators: trixynut, Mincehead, dicky, phuk72, Jak, Kevtrx849

Dino
TRX-Enthusiast

Dynatec coils , mud map

Post by Dino » Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:42 am

Gents , I need a diagram and or feedback on how to connect up a set of dyna coils with relay . Where i'am at so far , i've connected the Power wire from the relay to the (+) on both coils . Grey wire to the ( - ) left coil , Orange wire to the ( - ) right coil , I'm pretty sure these 2 go to the ECU . Connect an earth wire to right coil mounting bracket . Use 1 of old the power feed wires to activate relay . ( Can i use the either of the old coil power feed wires to the relay as the activator ?) Relay power with fuse to the switchy block thing where the battey postive lead goes to , and relay earth to seat latch bracket . I sounds simple but because i've done all the seals in the carbies as well and the bike is not starting i thought i'd start with the coils first for problem shooting and work up from there . Thanks boys .

cobbadiggabuddyblooo
Site Sponsor

Re: Dynatec coils , mud map

Post by cobbadiggabuddyblooo » Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:52 am

Where did you mount the coils Deano??
I had mine bolted to the frame so both coils are earthed via the frame bolts.
Relay set up sound correct.
It should click when ignition is turned on if patched correctly.
Use a test light on the relay to see if you have power out or put an old spark plug in the lead to see if you have spark.
laughter is the best medicine

Dino
TRX-Enthusiast

Re: Dynatec coils , mud map

Post by Dino » Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:52 am

Hey Cobber , i made up little metal boomerang shaped brackets and bolted them to the same place as the originals . I will make up one of those spark checker thingees that are in the repair manual and check the spark . Thanks for the reply :)