Cam follower bucket sizes

Moderators: trixynut, Mincehead, dicky, phuk72, Jak, Kevtrx849

John2jags
TRX-Enthusiast

Cam follower bucket sizes

Post by John2jags » Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:51 pm

Hi, does anyone know what the sizes of the different coloured Cam follower/buckets are? My head was knackered on my TRX (cam journals worn) and I 've managed to source a replacement head without the buckets - The buckets from my original head have a red dot underneath and I believe that there are also blue and white dotted variants available, but even fowlers cannot tell me what the differences are - when I try my buckets in the replacement head they are quite tight compared to the original which leads me to believe that there are differend sizes to suit the valve bore variaitons. Anyone got any info??
John.

John2jags
TRX-Enthusiast

Re: Cam follower bucket sizes

Post by John2jags » Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:14 pm

All sorted now thanks,
John.

Snod Blatter
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by Snod Blatter » Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:21 pm

So did you find out what it all means? I have wondered myself, they were all red except one which was blue..
'95 4NX with K&N filter, Motad Venom cans, YSS PD valves, Ohlins fork springs, 530 C+S, Green CDI, 11/16 radial master cylinder, +30mm jack up dog bones. Enjoyable money pit.

John2jags
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by John2jags » Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:49 pm

I found out that they are sized differently and the colours indicate the size, but could not find out what the actual sizes are or how to identify the requirements for the head as they do not appear to be marked in any way. The followers I had were on the tight side in the new head so I had them individually precision ground to the correct size for each valve aperture by a highly skilled old school engineer who does a lot of work on older bikes - Worked a treat and the engine now runs very nicely,
John.