Seat Removal

Moderators: trixynut, Mincehead, dicky, phuk72, Jak, Kevtrx849

kymron
TRX-Enthusiast

Seat Removal

Post by kymron » Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:28 am

Hi,

I can not get my front or rear seat off. The keys that came with the bike fit the seat lock but do not turn the lock, hence the cable (I am assuming there is a cable) is not unlocking the seat.

Is there a way to acces the seat cable or get the seats off so I find out what is wrong with the lock?
Cheers
Ron

trixynut
Site Sponsor

Re: Seat Removal

Post by trixynut » Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:16 am

I presume you have tried everything with the existing seat lock i.e. Spray in some lube in the lock, wiggle the key, try turning it whilst pressing down on the rear seat to releve the pressure on the seat catch?
If its deffo the wrong key, its a tricky and fiddly job to get to the catch or cable. Basically no easy method, just whatever works.....
Try a search on here too.
And you cant remove the front seat without removing the pillion seat first.

alextrx850
Site Sponsor

Post by alextrx850 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:15 pm

kymron wrote:Hi,

I can not get my front or rear seat off. The keys that came with the bike fit the seat lock but do not turn the lock, hence the cable (I am assuming there is a cable) is not unlocking the seat.

Is there a way to acces the seat cable or get the seats off so I find out what is wrong with the lock?

Gidday Kymron, see you are a Bris member..anyway, you might place the key [ which fits in but wont turn as the tumblers dont correspond..]into the rear seat lock, then remove the two bolts that hold the lock assembly....then TURN the key.[obviously to turn the lock barrel..] counterclockwise ..only would take a 20 percent turn....and you should have a result.. =D>

probably let the cable hang out the hole as you have the locksmith match your key..

if you dont have any luck there, ive got a couple of seat locks and cables with keys here on the south side

kymron
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by kymron » Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:29 pm

Managed to get the seat off :D . After semi di-assembly of the key lock area and contorting my left index I managed to get my finger to the cable and with a shit load of wriggling the cable came free. A bit od WD40 along the cable and the catch itself and all seems good.

Thanks Guys.
Cheers
Ron