dragon corsas

Moderators: trixynut, Mincehead, dicky, phuk72, Jak, Kevtrx849

brockzila
TRX-Enthusiast

dragon corsas

Post by brockzila » Sun Jul 27, 2008 6:41 pm

has any one used perelli dragon corsas on there trx????? i jusr unwraped my yzf750 wheel and it has a dragon on it.

I really need new tyres and was going to fit mitch. or parelli, looks like my decision has been made for me. this thing has heaps of meat on it.

what are they like compared to diablos???
Is it Brock friendly???

TonyDevil
Site Sponsor

Re: dragon corsas

Post by TonyDevil » Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:53 pm

i have one on my front wheel at the mo (didnt buy from ebay seller 'shot to bits' did you? :wink: )
fecking ace in the dry, absolutely amazing grip compared to the BT020 (which i hate)
but they really really REALLY dont work in the wet.....i was sliding around looking for a dry line :lol: great fun :^o
i know some people wont agree but IMO the BT020 isnt as good as the Metzler Z6 which is the same compound as the diablo strada

also you'll be lucky to get 1000miles out of it #-o
mine looked like it had done no more than a couple of laps at a circuit, but a quick run up to Grantham a few weeks ago and a pootle round with the TDM boys and i'd worn away most of the edges (450 miles)
a few red light races back home and the front has a little square patch from the braking..... [-X

i know i'm pretty heavy on tyres, but i reckon i've put a max of 600miles on it and its well over half worn [-(
TRX850 1997 - sunny day twisty toy
TDM900 2003 - commuting tool
TDM850 mk1 - scratching & touring
Z750 hardtail - project
gone but not forgotten : - XTZ750, GS500, GS125

brockzila
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by brockzila » Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:42 pm

no i got it off a ebay shop, i think it was motorcyclerecycle.
so what you are saying is that i should not muck around with puttin a dragon on the front and buy a pair of daiblos, but the diablo front on the bike and trash the rear dragon and fit the diablo rear when the dragon runs out.
i also have 020s on my bikw and i hate them in the wet, have had the front slide on me at very low speeds in the wet a coulpe of times and my trust in them is nil.
Is it Brock friendly???

idl1975
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by idl1975 » Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:09 pm

brockzila wrote:no i got it off a ebay shop, i think it was motorcyclerecycle.
so what you are saying is that i should not muck around with puttin a dragon on the front and buy a pair of daiblos, but the diablo front on the bike and trash the rear dragon and fit the diablo rear when the dragon runs out.
i also have 020s on my bikw and i hate them in the wet, have had the front slide on me at very low speeds in the wet a coulpe of times and my trust in them is nil.
Dragon Corsas are the 90s version of a Diablo Corsa. They're trackday / hot, dry, grippy road tyres, and being from the 90s, will be pretty terrible in the cold and wet. They still stick well in the right conditions, but you have to be much more careful warming them up than with new rubber.

I would go either for a set of standard Diablos, or a set of Metzler Sportecs. Pirelli and Metzeler have a common owner and as I understand it share R&D and development. Although the end products are different tyres, they seem to wind up performing very similarly. So a Mez 1 Comp K = Dragon Corsa. Used both back in the 90s, and they gave similar results.
-----

'04 Aprilia Tuono Fighter
'00 Scooby Sport Wagon

'76 TY250.

TonyDevil
Site Sponsor

Post by TonyDevil » Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:33 pm

if you only use your bike on sunny days then wear out the tyre thats there and buy something decent after (Pilot Road 2s are my current favourite ;) )
TRX850 1997 - sunny day twisty toy
TDM900 2003 - commuting tool
TDM850 mk1 - scratching & touring
Z750 hardtail - project
gone but not forgotten : - XTZ750, GS500, GS125

Silver
Site Sponsor

Post by Silver » Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:51 pm

Brock, I have dragon supercorsas and love them, but you wont get too many miles from the rear. Maybe 2000 miles.
There are plenty of good ex racer tyres around with 4+mm
left in the middle that you can get for peanuts.
Dave
2010 Street triple R 675 Road bike
2018 BMW G310GS
1988 Honda XBR500(converting to GB500 spec)
SZR660 road and track project