has any one tried bt021

Moderators: trixynut, Mincehead, dicky, phuk72, Jak, Kevtrx849

brockzila
TRX-Enthusiast

has any one tried bt021

Post by brockzila » Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:17 am

im looking at new ytres. i knew it needed new tyres and i have absolutly no confidence in the front at the moment. Have had a couple of incidents where the front has felt like it has been on ice mid corner in the wet. i do ride in london and the roads are shyte. currently have 020s fine in the dry.
i have read most of the tyre threads and i understand that many people have different opions on what they use.

im after any one with 021s to give there feedback onthe tyres.
Is it Brock friendly???

col
TRX-Enthusiast

Re: has any one tried bt021

Post by col » Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:27 am

i tried em on my kawasaki zr7, they were pretty good but personally
i liked the continental road attak more, i felt the conti's gave better wet grip.

steve speed
Site Sponsor

Post by steve speed » Sat Jun 14, 2008 6:14 pm

this will just end up in confusion for you ,, everyone has there own favorite , all the current top tyres are good enough, i like diablos and they have been out ages ,bike tyres Leeds will do a pair for £160 fitted to lose rims :D :D :D
TRX850 ,The thinking mans R1

brockzila
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by brockzila » Sat Jun 14, 2008 7:12 pm

i know. Thats why i only asked about the one tyre. what i am realy after is someone who has had both 020 and has now got 021s. I have read lots of threads about every thing else on the market, i know tyres are a very personal thing. but no one on the forum has mentioned 021s. i want to hear from people who know from experence. are they better than 020s and if so how much. has the wet grip improved???i didnt want this to be another thread where every one puts there opion forward on there own choice of tyre. i asked a specific question. not something like "Whats the best tyre"

tyres back home will cost me over a full weeks in the hand wages. i will prob try and get a couple of sets and ship them home with the bike. i dont want to end up with shit. i want to look at all the options and value tho opion of real people not the speal the factorys put on the marketing meteral.

im thinking road piolts but dont want to rule out a option till i have spent the time to review it and heard real peoples opions
Is it Brock friendly???

RitchieD
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by RitchieD » Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:07 am

Hiya,
I know you asked this question a couple of months ago.........are you still looking or are you sorted?

I've only had the bike a couple of weeks, and have only done about 500 miles so far.
It's got 021's fitted, but I can't offer up anything new for you just yet, as I'm too new to the bike.

I have ridden in high 20's temps and through a couple of heavy downpurs, and based on how little miles I've done, they seem good to me.
If your still looking for feedback, I'll get back to you...........

Ritchie
Back again and luvin it

SDN
Site Sponsor

Post by SDN » Mon May 31, 2010 5:50 pm

I had 021 front and 020 rear they scared the shit out of me. The front end let go a couple of times and they never felt like they were gripping. I now have a pair of road smarts - totally brilliant and apparently hard wearing

slow codger
Site Sponsor

Post by slow codger » Mon May 31, 2010 7:55 pm

:shock: I've got an 021 on the front, works fine in the dry, haven't tried it in the wet though, I think its better than the 020 I had originally, better grip when leant over.

Dave E
An infiltrator from the dark side!