full akrapovic or fcrs

Please share your secrets! What mods have you made to your TRX?

Moderators: trixynut, Mincehead, dicky, phuk72, Jak, Kevtrx849

cheesie
Site Sponsor

Post by cheesie » Wed Dec 13, 2006 7:39 pm

contacted allens performance and steve recomended the mikuni 40mm tdmrs on a standard motor and he preferd thier construction £575 plus vat
will know after chrimbo if I have enough money to buy or not, will also look at modding standard headers I check what stainless pipes there are in work and maybe buy two reducers to go from bigger bore pipe to original headers, my main prob is bending the pipe with out kinking it :roll:

philk
Site Sponsor

Post by philk » Thu Dec 14, 2006 1:05 am

cheesie wrote:anyone had thier bike on the dyno with full akra and standard carbs sorry for the questions but I like discuss a subject to death to get the best picture
Will do soon :)
All hail the HYPNO-TOAD

http://r33b.net/

Lada.s

Post by Lada.s » Sun Dec 24, 2006 1:11 am

I have Akrapovic on Trix, but probably it is not full system :lol: :lol:
But looks nice :P

http://motobrno.ic.cz/trx/Snmek058.jpg

honkdawillydahonk
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by honkdawillydahonk » Sun Dec 24, 2006 12:37 pm

philk wrote:
cheesie wrote:anyone had thier bike on the dyno with full akra and standard carbs sorry for the questions but I like discuss a subject to death to get the best picture
Will do soon :)
I have! Around 82BHP compared to a standard curve of around 78.... Interestingly an Akra system with a Micron can makes the same power but with a slighty less smooth curve....
NEVER EAT ANYTHING BIGGER THAN YOUR HEAD

phuk72
Site Sponsor / Administrator

Post by phuk72 » Sun Dec 24, 2006 3:51 pm

Interestingly an Akra system with a Micron can makes the same power but with a slighty less smooth curve....
and akra headers with a devil SB2 can makes better power right the way through the range (about 1bhp at top end) than the full akra pipework

cheesie
Site Sponsor

Post by cheesie » Sun Oct 21, 2007 7:51 pm

well looks like I will be getting both as I won the akra on ebay :) I still might convert it into a 2 into 2 set up fit the cans on I have at the moment until I get another akra end can of the bay :wink: not a bad buy at £208

cheesie
Site Sponsor

Post by cheesie » Sat Nov 03, 2007 9:10 pm

polished it all up and fitted it today for a test run, its quiet compared to the art cans I had on, but it feels like it makes better power through the range plus it now seems to pull cleanly to the red line