Big bore headers available soon

Please share your secrets! What mods have you made to your TRX?

Moderators: trixynut, Mincehead, dicky, phuk72, Jak, Kevtrx849

SDN
Site Sponsor

Re: Big bore headers available soon

Post by SDN » Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:05 am

When do you think the system will be available to buy and how long from order to make up the system do you reckon?

Kayla
Site Sponsor

Post by Kayla » Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:31 am

SDN wrote:When do you think the system will be available to buy and how long from order to make up the system do you reckon?
It's the initial making of the first ones that's taking the time, once they have the jigs made they can rattle one off in a day or so but they're really busy at the minute (pre-season last minute rush jobs that pay more than a bike system I'm afraid!) which is why I usually say there's a two week turnaround. I'm really hoping they'll be ready in a week or so but I'm reluctant to hassle them too much about it.

Just because you're breathing, it doesn't mean you're alive.

SDN
Site Sponsor

Post by SDN » Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:43 am

When they are done, how do you want to proceed with the ordering? through yourself? and how do you want to be paid - cheque through post or paypal?

Kayla
Site Sponsor

Post by Kayla » Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:02 am

SDN wrote:When they are done, how do you want to proceed with the ordering? through yourself? and how do you want to be paid - cheque through post or paypal?
I'll stick them on my website so it'll be through paypal, that way it's all automated and recorded and anyone anywhere can order a set, not just via the forum. It's better to do it this way than order a batch of 5 of each type, say. There's no rush for people to come up with the cash to buy a set and I'm not thousands of pounds out of pocket while I wait for people to buy stuff that they said they would.

SDN
Site Sponsor

Post by SDN » Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:08 am

Fair enough. just tell us when we can get a set

Jas
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by Jas » Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:51 pm

Kayla wrote:
SDN wrote:When they are done, how do you want to proceed with the ordering? through yourself? and how do you want to be paid - cheque through post or paypal?
I'll stick them on my website so it'll be through paypal, that way it's all automated and recorded and anyone anywhere can order a set, not just via the forum. It's better to do it this way than order a batch of 5 of each type, say. There's no rush for people to come up with the cash to buy a set and I'm not thousands of pounds out of pocket while I wait for people to buy stuff that they said they would.

Can I just say what a star you are, I've been after a 2 into 1 and having just come back from my local motorcycle show was a bit down in the dumps, fed up with hearing 'You've got a TR'what?' and 'You've done what to it' I hadn't realised customising was such a dirty word in the world of modern plastic fantastics.

Jas

Kayla
Site Sponsor

Post by Kayla » Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:05 am

A mini update-

Woo! They've been able to do a 2-1-2 but I still haven't got a firm price from them for either system, sorry.

Using the same headers they can use a different link section to get a 2-1 or 2-1-2 :D

Right side 2-1-2

Left side

and the 2-1 link pipe

That's the 2-1-2 link on the lower left of the pic, as you can see they've cut two individual bends down the centre and TIGed them together. The welds are awesome.

As I said up there, there's no firm price but budget around £350 for a 2-1 and £500 for a 2-1-2. The prices are higher (but might not be that high in the end) than I originally suggested they might be but I was going off the smaller SZR system they make for me, and these pipes are a chunk bigger and there's a lot more welding on the TRX pipes.

I can't hurry them up or make them work any faster, they're really busy right now so the pipes will be done when they're done.

Mincehead
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by Mincehead » Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:07 am

Looking damn good pal, cheers for the update. By the way, did you get my text? :?
LOUD PIPES SAVE LIVES

Kayla
Site Sponsor

Post by Kayla » Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:47 am

Mincehead wrote:Looking damn good pal, cheers for the update. By the way, did you get my text? :?
Yes I did, and I wasn't ignoring it, I forgot to reply :lol:

SDN
Site Sponsor

Post by SDN » Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:22 am

They are looking good, will go nicely with my FCR's!

alextrx850
Site Sponsor

Post by alextrx850 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:51 pm

Interested in your exhaust shops flow design on the 2-1-2 link pipe...Kayla...nice and simple with an uninterupted flow shape to the link.
That quality stainless steel should golden up nicely with the heat,..
The salty roads there really seems to play havock with metal and alloy on your donor machine images too.
Took a quick photo of Mr Yoshimuras effort on my 2-1-2 titan system link pipe just for the hell of it..
looking down the inlet, one can see that the exhaust flow from each engine pulse will cross over.

I wouldnt be suggesting any other direction away from your efforts either Kayla, as these are unavailable nowadays. :|

billy budge
Site Sponsor

Post by billy budge » Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:59 pm

Kayla wrote:
Mincehead wrote:Looking damn good pal, cheers for the update. By the way, did you get my text? :?

Yahoo, cheers for the update K. 8)

I know they are going as fast as they can but please dont forget my special can requirements...same as Killers. Thankyou.
speeding?......me?.......with my reputation?

Killerwhale
Site Sponsor

Post by Killerwhale » Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:03 pm

billy budge wrote:
Kayla wrote:

Yahoo, cheers for the update K. 8)

I know they are going as fast as they can but please dont forget my special can requirements...same as Killers. Thankyou.
:)

dandywarhol
Site Sponsor

Post by dandywarhol » Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:09 pm

V. Impressed by the welding in the manifold piece! And the taper of the silencer - nice job!
1996 TRX 850, blue, Ohlins 46HRCLS, Race Tech Gold Valves, 0.90 springs, Venom pipes, R6 brakes............
1974 Yamaha RD250A, Candy Blue
1998 Yamaha SZR660, blue of course
1967 Yamaha TD1C 250, Blue and white

Kayla
Site Sponsor

Post by Kayla » Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:40 am

Right, I've just had a phone call from them and the jigs for the systems are ready :D

Prices are-

2-1, 1.5" headers (1.5mm wall), 50mm link (1.2mm wall) - £335 plus post (£9 UK, £25 EU, £58 rest of the world)

2-1-2, 1.5" headers (1.5mm wall), 50mm collector (1.2mm wall) into 2 x 50mm links (1.2mm wall) - £480 plus post as above

I'll get some pics when I go up to collect them either today or Monday, but they are available now. There's a 2-3 week turnaround on them as they are made to order.