Headlight bulb

Please share your secrets! What mods have you made to your TRX?

Moderators: trixynut, Mincehead, dicky, phuk72, Jak, Kevtrx849

Jak
Site Administrator

Headlight bulb

Post by Jak » Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:32 pm

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... OX:NEWLIST

Would this fit? Any reason not to try it?

My knowledge of electrics is even less than my mechanical knowledge :oops:

I don't want to fry anything, I have enough trouble with the temperamental indicators! Just figure I need something better than I've got - put in a halogen bulb last winter but it's still pretty crap :(
This forum is (and will remain) free of advertising
Please help keep it that way : click here for details of how to donate towards forum costs

burty
Site Sponsor

Post by burty » Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:31 pm

It's H4 so it'll fit.

I know nothing of those bulbs though, it may or may not be better than others that you can get elsewhere. But if it's cheap enough.

Hein-Gericke do Philips H4 MotoVision bulbs which are supposed to be 40% more light than a standard H4 for 7.99. That might actually be a better deal.

Is that auction for one bulb only?

Max
Janitor

Post by Max » Tue Nov 07, 2006 12:17 am

It will fit, IMO those color coated bulbs don't give as much light as a clear one.

If you really want to see in the dark (I was going to add a joke here...), you might want to look into some HID kits. Tetsu has one he rigged up on his old ZXR750RR that is amazing at night. Like driving a cage with high beams and fog lights on.
Max

(TaZ, tz250w)

HansJ
Site Sponsor

Post by HansJ » Tue Nov 07, 2006 12:19 am

My guess, is that since the blueish colour is because of the tinted glass, it will not produce more, but less, light than an ordinary high-performance bulb. I guess (again) that this is something that the kids put into their cars for looks rather than performance. Did I say i am only guessing?
IQiokW
*** Stalwart of the Sight ***

Max
Janitor

Post by Max » Tue Nov 07, 2006 1:22 am

My guess is that your guess is right. :D
Max

(TaZ, tz250w)

cheap_trix
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by cheap_trix » Tue Nov 07, 2006 1:26 am

Bluish tinted headlights are for the autosalon set and squids. The replies so far are correct, they do not produce more light. They look like they are lighting up the road more due to the different colour temperature, but in fact will have less throw. :evil:
Life is pretty straight without twisties.

Jak
Site Administrator

Post by Jak » Tue Nov 07, 2006 1:32 am

Damn - and there was me hoping I'd found a cheap and simple solution!

These bulbs came up in a discussion on another forum where one of the guys is buying a HID kit. A mate uses these blue bulbs and reckons they're great.

Max - as if I could fit one of those kits #-o more chance of me cleaning the bike more than twice a year :oops: I'd love to have the time to do it myself - last day off I had was in August though! (my boss is a slave driver :wink:)
This forum is (and will remain) free of advertising
Please help keep it that way : click here for details of how to donate towards forum costs

Kevtrx849

Post by Kevtrx849 » Wed Nov 08, 2006 3:05 am

John M has a Phillips crystal vision H4 bulb in his bike and dam it's bright. Certainly know which bike he's on when he's behind. Original bulbs look yellow in comparison.
CYA, Kev.

cheap_trix
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by cheap_trix » Wed Nov 08, 2006 3:59 am

Kev wrote
John M has a Phillips crystal vision H4 bulb in his bike and dam it's bright. Certainly know which bike he's on when he's behind. Original bulbs look yellow in comparison.
CYA, Kev.
Yeh! I remember being on the Gingers Creek run and his light would throw your shadow onto the trees ahead. During the day! :roll:
Life is pretty straight without twisties.