Semi faithful, ground up restoration project!

Please share your secrets! What mods have you made to your TRX?

Moderators: trixynut, Mincehead, dicky, phuk72, Jak, Kevtrx849

fung
Site Sponsor

Re: Semi faithful, ground up restoration project!

Post by fung » Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:41 am

I WOULD RATHER WEAR OUT THAN RUST

Mincehead
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by Mincehead » Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:02 am

Yea, hiya wolf. :D
No matter what the t-shirt says, you sure ain`t no size zero! :lol:
LOUD PIPES SAVE LIVES

alextrx850
Site Sponsor

Post by alextrx850 » Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:43 am

Mincehead wrote:Yea, hiya wolf. :D
No matter what the t-shirt says, you sure ain`t no size zero! :lol:
NAH,, the wife has made him wear that shirt to remind him of the Alcoholics Anonomous pledge..... :lol: :lol:

Wolfman
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by Wolfman » Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:06 pm

Lol! Yeah, i ain't no lightweight! But hey, life is for living! And I do plenty of that!

Stankflapper
TRX-Enthusiast
Location: Australia. Land of Cold beer & Bitchy women, and fast bikes!

Post by Stankflapper » Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:24 pm

Sounds beautiful!

Wolfman
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by Wolfman » Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:52 am

The other side!

:D

davamb
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by davamb » Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:41 am

Very nice Wolfman, very nice indeed.
Ride Well!
Cheers, Dave.

drix
Site Sponsor

Post by drix » Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:40 am

Looks awesome, standard looking bike yet not standard/the old dog that plastic bike riders might think it would be, I like it! 8)

I wonder why the Ducati exhaust though? Surely this is the last manufacturer you want to get parts from to fit on a TRX?! :lol:

For the tapered headers and the different diameters/sections, did you copy an aftermarket one or did you go on recommendation/your own inspiration?

Wolfman
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by Wolfman » Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:25 pm

drix wrote:Looks awesome, standard looking bike yet not standard/the old dog that plastic bike riders might think it would be, I like it! 8)

I wonder why the Ducati exhaust though? Surely this is the last manufacturer you want to get parts from to fit on a TRX?! :lol:

For the tapered headers and the different diameters/sections, did you copy an aftermarket one or did you go on recommendation/your own inspiration?
Ducati exhaust? It's a GYTR race pipe off a FZ6 cup bike, mated to a custom made set of mild steel headers, made locally, to a spec suggested by the guy who fabled the headers up for me...

3 things motivated the use of this exhaust...the cans that came with the bike where all dented up. I didn't want to spend stupid money, and had the GYTR can lying about, so that got offered up. And last of all, weight...that whole exhaust weighs only 5.2kg from front of headers to end of muffler.

drix
Site Sponsor

Post by drix » Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:05 am

Wolfman wrote:
drix wrote:Looks awesome, standard looking bike yet not standard/the old dog that plastic bike riders might think it would be, I like it! 8)

Ducati exhaust? It's a GYTR race pipe off a FZ6 cup bike, mated to a custom made set of mild steel headers, made locally, to a spec suggested by the guy who fabled the headers up for me...

3 things motivated the use of this exhaust...the cans that came with the bike where all dented up. I didn't want to spend stupid money, and had the GYTR can lying about, so that got offered up. And last of all, weight...that whole exhaust weighs only 5.2kg from front of headers to end of muffler.

:oops: At first glance, the can reminded me of an 916 one. All makes sense now, hope I didn't offend you :lol: !

SDN
Site Sponsor

Post by SDN » Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:58 am

Top Job - looks stunning, lot of work gone into that and it shows. Great attention to detail

emway
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by emway » Sat Nov 19, 2011 5:29 pm

Looks very nice! Good job! =D>

Wolfman
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by Wolfman » Sat Nov 19, 2011 5:53 pm

drix wrote:
Wolfman wrote:

3 things motivated the use of this exhaust...the cans that came with the bike where all dented up. I didn't want to spend stupid money, and had the GYTR can lying about, so that got offered up. And last of all, weight...that whole exhaust weighs only 5.2kg from front of headers to end of
muffler.

:oops: At first glance, the can reminded me of an 916 one. All makes sense now, hope I didn't offend you :lol: !
No offence taken... :D

B-art
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by B-art » Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:24 pm

Very nice bike =D>

Stankflapper
TRX-Enthusiast
Location: Australia. Land of Cold beer & Bitchy women, and fast bikes!

Post by Stankflapper » Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:52 am

drix wrote:
Wolfman wrote:

I dont mean to be anal here (but I will),, Ducati dont actually make exhausts.... Termigoini do :D