Help - Need Bar Risers!

Please share your secrets! What mods have you made to your TRX?

Moderators: trixynut, Mincehead, dicky, phuk72, Jak, Kevtrx849

johnktm
TRX-Enthusiast

Re: Help - Need Bar Risers!

Post by johnktm » Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:49 am

I'm just commuting and the odd sunny day blast(sunny days are very odd up here in Cumbria :D ) so comfort is my main priority.

As I'm new here,I do need to have a good search around for information on the standard forks,I bottomed them out a couple of times yesterday,so need to do something about that and the rebound adjusters on mine just keep turning,4 regular spaced clicks then a pause for around three quarters of a turn then the 4 regular clicks again,seems odd to me. :?

fung
Site Sponsor

Post by fung » Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:00 pm

That's correct for the rebound adjustment.
Four evenly spaced clicks make it harder as you go.
After four, it returns to one which is the softest setting.
Standard is two with std fork fluid and air gap. :-)
I WOULD RATHER WEAR OUT THAN RUST

johnktm
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by johnktm » Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:39 pm

Cheers for that.

mikey
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by mikey » Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:33 pm

handsomejackuk wrote:
Kayla wrote:Before you steam in and undo all of the controls and stuff, undo the allen bolts holding the bars to the clamps and just swap the clamps over- loads easier! :D

yip, thats what i did 20 mins max to swap over... think i had to loosen the brake hose...clamp black springy thing that attached to the master cylinder to get enough length on the brake hose, but it'll go back on after with no probs...

I had my TRX for around 7 years before i realised this mod... and must say it makes a big difference gotta be at least 2 inches higher

Al...

Just wanted to say thanks for this tip =D> saved me a lot of hassle and no little expense and is ideal for my trip to Spain. May swap them back again after, or may not-its v comfy. Ta