PAINTJOB...

Please share your secrets! What mods have you made to your TRX?

Moderators: trixynut, Mincehead, dicky, phuk72, Jak, Kevtrx849

Killerwhale
Site Sponsor

PAINTJOB...

Post by Killerwhale » Sun Oct 22, 2006 6:52 pm

So, i bought an electric paint gun today....membrane pump in it and you can change the spray on the fly...
It set me back only 17€ so how good can it really be???

I´ll get back to ya on that one!
The honda VTR 2003 gunpowder black was found at a local dealer, they only charged like 17€ a can (they make their own spraycans) but now i will just buy a can of paint as i will try out my new gun! :twisted:

...for record, this colour was one out of two honda paints they blend....i think i´m at a lucky streak!

bobtrx
Site Sponsor

Post by bobtrx » Mon Oct 23, 2006 9:20 am

stop talk'n , start paint'n and post pics , I feel like a colour change and want to see yours
catch ewe later bob

phuk72
Site Sponsor / Administrator

Post by phuk72 » Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:21 am

Those electric pumps are really designed for spraying very thin paints (like wood stain on fence panels) and not for car / motorcycle paint as this will need a whole load of thinning. IME you will get a better finish with rattle cans (especially if you are going for that matt black as you have to be something of a f#ckwit to get a bad finish with matt paint).

Still, good luck!

Killerwhale
Site Sponsor

Post by Killerwhale » Mon Oct 23, 2006 4:17 pm

phuk72 wrote:Those electric pumps are really designed for spraying very thin paints (like wood stain on fence panels) and not for car / motorcycle paint as this will need a whole load of thinning. IME you will get a better finish with rattle cans (especially if you are going for that matt black as you have to be something of a f#ckwit to get a bad finish with matt paint).

Still, good luck!
10% was the standard mixture according to the shop were i bought the paint today, well just have to see! :D

Killerwhale
Site Sponsor

Post by Killerwhale » Mon Oct 23, 2006 5:07 pm

phuk72 wrote:Those electric pumps are really designed for spraying very thin paints (like wood stain on fence panels) and not for car / motorcycle paint as this will need a whole load of thinning. IME you will get a better finish with rattle cans (especially if you are going for that matt black as you have to be something of a f#ckwit to get a bad finish with matt paint).

Still, good luck!
Checked the manual now and it´s for almost any paint, there were even a viscositymeter in the pack...200ml/min is the spec....don´t know if that is good or bad though as this is a first try!
Hopefully i will have the time this weekend, will take before/after pics!
....the plastic primer will take some time also i guess!

i´ll be back...