... but at least they're pretty!

Please share your secrets! What mods have you made to your TRX?

Moderators: trixynut, Mincehead, dicky, phuk72, Jak, Kevtrx849

Kirk
TRX-Enthusiast

... but at least they're pretty!

Post by Kirk » Sun Oct 01, 2006 5:06 am

Haha made you look! :lol: No girls here just a new set of brake discs! Cost me bloody $935 :shock: for the set of three, but at least they're pretty!! 8)

They are ABM german rotors, from austreetfighter.com.au, Stuart up there is real cool, good service and good prices. Standard discs from the bike shops were asking $700-$800 front and $200 rear, Stu had a sale on these for $690 front and $235 rear so I thought what the hell :wink: . Anyone in Oz or east coast at least should check the site out, highly recommended.

Also, something to look out for, my Braking rotors were about to fall off, thats why I changed them. The floater buttons started moving back and forth, wearing away the aluminium carrier! :shock: You can see in the picture where my fingers are there is a bright semi-circle around the buttons, that is fresh worn away metal!

The other thing I noticed was the weight, I didn't think there could be too much difference so I checked. The Braking discs were 1280 grams per side, the ABMs are 1050 per side, :shock: a whopping 660g less unsprung weight! The rear is 800 compared to the standard 1020. The front is actually noticable in that the suspension seems too move more freely and quickly, its actually a little harsh now so I'll have to play with adjustments again. :roll:

cya

honkdawillydahonk
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by honkdawillydahonk » Sun Oct 01, 2006 8:17 am

Very nice!
NEVER EAT ANYTHING BIGGER THAN YOUR HEAD

Wombat
Forum Marsupial

Post by Wombat » Sun Oct 01, 2006 11:41 am

Yeah, I dealt with Stu from AuStreetfighters about 2 years ago when I ordered some HEL braided lines. Good service and he and Angel have a great range of products.

Bob
"The fire is almost out......and there's nothing left to burn!"

John M
Site Sponsor

Post by John M » Sun Oct 01, 2006 11:55 pm

Look great Kirk :)
Reintarnation : Coming back to life as a hillbilly

graham
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by graham » Sun Dec 03, 2006 1:23 am

They look pretty good but they do take the attention away from the beautiful sheepskins somewhat eh?

Max
Janitor

Post by Max » Sun Dec 03, 2006 1:31 am

Now that's how you keep your beer properly chilled while working on the bike! :lol:
Max

(TaZ, tz250w)

Kirk
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by Kirk » Sun Dec 03, 2006 10:41 am

And not just while working on it, you might notice the fridge door is in reach so I can grab a tinny when I pull up at home before I even hop off! :lol:
And as for the sheepskin, I do love it but even I'd be hard pressed to argue that its pretty!! :wink: