TRX @ 111PS

Please share your secrets! What mods have you made to your TRX?

Moderators: trixynut, Mincehead, dicky, phuk72, Jak, Kevtrx849

Killerwhale
Site Sponsor

TRX @ 111PS

Post by Killerwhale » Wed Sep 27, 2006 7:35 pm

Actually HansJ who got my attention on this one, where for sale on German site mobile.de this summer!
They have some interesting notes on the vee-two cams....
Babelfish translation....wierd as always!!

http://babelfish.altavista.com/babelfis ... ha-trx.php

Anyone knows what kinda gel pads he´s got at the sides of the tank?? Keep on getting my nut´s squished whenever i break at a bump! :shock:

cheap_trix
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by cheap_trix » Thu Sep 28, 2006 8:06 am

That translation is a crack up!

"Also the air cleaners with that long sucking in way did not please me"
:lol:

Max
Janitor

Post by Max » Thu Sep 28, 2006 4:10 pm

"Long sucking did not please?"

What, did her parents come home early or something? :lol:
Max

(TaZ, tz250w)

H1
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by H1 » Tue Dec 05, 2006 1:34 pm

Hello!

I´ve seen a link to this page in our german http://www.trxworld.de
Holer Togni has postet the proposition of an european TRX-Party...

A good friend of me will build up this winter a motor for his "Track-TRX" and he expect nearly 115 HP... the problem ... there are no more VEE TWO Cams .... this may be a solutiion.... they build the cams for my friend this winter... check this link: http://www.gw-racing-parts.de/

Ciao!
Ciao!

Heinz

jpe
Site Sponsor

Re: TRX @ 111PS

Post by jpe » Tue Dec 05, 2006 1:52 pm

Killerwhale wrote:Anyone knows what kinda gel pads he´s got at the sides of the tank??
Sorry, not a clue.... However, I'm riding with these: http://www.stompdesign.com/stompgrip/features.asp

Maybe an alternative? At least they're good for tearing seams apart :roll:
"There is no spoon"

phuk72
Site Sponsor / Administrator

Post by phuk72 » Tue Dec 05, 2006 3:21 pm

A good friend of me will build up this winter a motor for his "Track-TRX" and he expect nearly 115 HP...
He can expect what he wants. Getting it is a different matter :wink:

Based upon my experience (which is broadly confirmed by previous engines and other bikes on the same dyno), getting a TRX to the 100 bhp mark is a lot of work and expensive.

Mine (virtually identical spec to Honks) has FCR41, kent cams, 878 high comp pistons, gas flowed, ported and skimmed head and a modified CDI (not forgetting about £1000 of exhaust tested on the dyno for optimum power) just creeps over the hundred mark. All my work has been done on the same dyno and I have charts showing the gains made from a virtually stock motor - Honks TRX has been on the same dyno and makes give or take the same. This has further been cross referenced with Trixynuts bike which makes 90 (and would make a 100 with big bore kit and cams).

So I am very sceptical (and yes it is scepticism and not jaelousy) of claims of 109bhp (111ps). This is 7bhp more than mine (ok his has corrillo rods which are marginally lighter but he has made no mention of porting etc.) I know different dynos make different figures but even so, this is a big difference.

To make 115bhp is gonna be hard. Essentially he will be looking to make 15bhp more than mine with not a lot of options. Essentially, left to go is balancing and lightening the crank, titanium con rods (if you can get them), knife edgeing and polishing.

I'm still amazed Over managed it and don't believe it will be replicated.

That said, can you get him to post on here - I would love to find out how he gets on and what work he has done.

H1
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by H1 » Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:02 am

Hi phuk!

I will try to get him in this "room" :?
There are very good contacts to some people who knows how to get a real good tuning-bike... and it is really "expected" to reach 115HP (ok... perhaps it might be 110 ... who knows... but it will be a very expensive torture to tune it up.... 878 ccm, carillo, Großewächter-cams, 6-Speed is projected... ) we will see in the spring it will get roaring silence :twisted:

So on... i will tell him that there are more than german websites :shock:

Ciao!

P.S.: there is a man in the north of germany who had done it... you can read the story of the TRX in the part of "tuning" at his homepage... very amusing !!!! click here http://www.tuning-fibel.de/ but i´m sorry ... only german-version... the bike is owned know by some friends of the german forum... it´s a "monster" (they´ve wrote it...).
Ciao!

Heinz

burty
Site Sponsor

Post by burty » Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:23 am

Splitting hairs perhaps but if we are talking PS:

Power Conversion: ps to bhp

1.0 PS = 0.98632 BHP

So 110PS = 108.5 BHP

Is starting to look more realistic perhaps?

phuk72
Site Sponsor / Administrator

Post by phuk72 » Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:33 am

I'm not sure we are talking PS across the board. The bike tuned by fibel made 111ps (which is 109bhp) and H1 has referred more than once to 115bhp.

Either PS or bhp though, anything at 110 plus is very very impressive

CULater
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by CULater » Sat Dec 09, 2006 1:31 am

It only has 105 Nm of Torque :?
only 2 Nm more then mine

throttle
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by throttle » Sat Dec 09, 2006 10:04 am

Yes, but his torque peak is at 6600rpm, while yours is at 4600rpm.
Torque without rpm is no more useful than a fat guy pushing down on a long breaker bar attached to the crankshaft. You might get a high torque reading, but you won't get any work done.
If you want power (the thing that makes bikes fun) you need high-torque at high-rpm.

CULater
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by CULater » Sat Dec 09, 2006 4:56 pm

throttle wrote:Yes, but his torque peak is at 6600rpm, while yours is at 4600rpm.
Torque without rpm is no more useful than a fat guy pushing down on a long breaker bar attached to the crankshaft. You might get a high torque reading, but you won't get any work done.
If you want power (the thing that makes bikes fun) you need high-torque at high-rpm.
And what has he done to the engine and what did i do to the engine 8)
I just slapped a pair of Mikuni's on it and another exhaustsytem!
I'm smiling al the way to the bank :lol:

And i'll only make me smile more, imagine what wil happen if i do the same mods that he has done !
But than again....is it reliable enough to make some miles with it i wonder?

dandywarhol
Site Sponsor

Post by dandywarhol » Mon Dec 11, 2006 4:02 pm

Interesting reading re. horsepower HERE

Click "True HP scale".............interesting piece about calcing wheel power from crank power :wink:
1996 TRX 850, blue, Ohlins 46HRCLS, Race Tech Gold Valves, 0.90 springs, Venom pipes, R6 brakes............
1974 Yamaha RD250A, Candy Blue
1998 Yamaha SZR660, blue of course
1967 Yamaha TD1C 250, Blue and white