under bike exhaust

Please share your secrets! What mods have you made to your TRX?

Moderators: trixynut, Mincehead, dicky, phuk72, Jak, Kevtrx849

devlin
Site Sponsor

Re: under bike exhaust

Post by devlin » Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:26 pm

Check on evilbay. The first bike I had I got low profile for the front and mini stalks for the rear. Spent about $50 all up.
"Racing is life, everything else is just waiting" - Steve McQueen
Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul.

JW-TRX
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by JW-TRX » Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:15 am

Cool, thanks guys. Will check it out. That is what I am looking for...

Bob, polish up that bony this weekend and take some pictures for trx of the month. :D

bobtrx
Site Sponsor

Post by bobtrx » Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:42 am

Met a trx rider from south aust ( Don ) at the GP and he is keen to get a short pipe made so I went and seen my pipe man and he will make more . my exhaust suits over headers but we can get the exhaust to suit standard headers also . I'm looking for any one interested , I'm tkinking the exhaust will be about $ 400 - $ 500 plus postage depending on quantity . My bike had FCR and OVER FULL SYSTEM , Since I fitted the exhaust on my bike I've noticed the following , much easier starts ( FCR no choke ) very little warm for carbs to run right . bike has usable smooth throttle power from 1500 rpm and will pull to 9000 rpm , sound is quietier than the over cans and has a nice beat . I will try to do a a you-tube some time . I will use my bike as a test jig to make sure the exhaust will fit , so it's up to you if you want one , please don't fu-k me around with maybe I might , send a pm only if you are serious
catch ewe later bob

Killerwhale
Site Sponsor

Post by Killerwhale » Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:41 am

One thing i was thinking of (not seeing exactly where the exhaust ends) was if there are any chance of the exhaust spitting on the back wheel??

HansJ
Site Sponsor

Post by HansJ » Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:59 am

Another thought when I read KW's comment, how about leading the fumes more downwards, that would decrease sound level and increase chance of not being ported on the race track. What about clearance, any chance of the system touching ground when leaning over? Performance, except for the butt dyno, any chance of seeing any comparison charts between Over and this system?

Generally I am interested, I know this wasn't the answer You were asking for, but it might encourage You to go further... Then there's the issue with the Swedish customs, but we'll cross that bridge once we get there...
IQiokW
*** Stalwart of the Sight ***

Killerwhale
Site Sponsor

Post by Killerwhale » Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:11 am

HansJ wrote:Generally I am interested, I know this wasn't the answer You were asking for, but it might encourage You to go further... Then there's the issue with the Swedish customs, but we'll cross that bridge once we get there...
And we can split the freight mate! :)

madivi
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by madivi » Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:03 pm

Killerwhale wrote:
HansJ wrote:Generally I am interested, I know this wasn't the answer You were asking for, but it might encourage You to go further... Then there's the issue with the Swedish customs, but we'll cross that bridge once we get there...
And we can split the freight mate! :)
Yep, and possibly shipping through Switzerland, since I yet haven't done a sh... on my project.
I have to see how much 500 Aussiebucks are.
(My profile is still as stock as my Trixie is, this might change)

devlin
Site Sponsor

Post by devlin » Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:42 pm

These days about 5 pesos.

Seriously though, it's about 250 euro.
"Racing is life, everything else is just waiting" - Steve McQueen
Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul.

deepwaterimports
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by deepwaterimports » Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:08 pm

Hey mate where abouts is that wheel hugger off it looks epic. I would be heaps keen to have one on my little racer.