Aftermarket valves

Please share your secrets! What mods have you made to your TRX?

Moderators: trixynut, Mincehead, dicky, phuk72, Jak, Kevtrx849

fuming
TRX-Enthusiast

Aftermarket valves

Post by fuming » Wed Jul 11, 2007 11:02 am

Not sure if this has been covered but i couldnt find much. Does anyone know of any aftermarket valves available? I am looking to replace them now that i have the engine apart replacing pistons etc but just want to check the alternatives to the stock parts.

Quan-Time
Site Sponsor

Post by Quan-Time » Thu Jul 12, 2007 3:02 am

yer. someone did list a part number before. for a matching one. Another way is to take your old valve in (inlet and exhaust) and measure them at the shop.. they will find a compatible one.

hope this helps
-------------------
I dont have a sig
-------------------

gjs12
TRX-Enthusiast

New valves

Post by gjs12 » Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:19 pm

Hey there. I needed new valves a while back. Petes Head Shed at Seven Hills got a set of Honda valves (might have been car valves) and machined them down to fit. As I had a '96 with soft seats he also fitted new seats as well. Still haven't put it all back together yet (slightly outta cash) but soon.

Quan-Time
Site Sponsor

Post by Quan-Time » Mon Oct 15, 2007 12:27 am

yer its true, any 6mm shaft valves can be machined to fit.

When you buy new valves, you specify the shaft dia and the length of where you need the groove for the retaining collar to lock onto.. then you literally get a "penny on a stick".. some can be huge. So when you rebuild it, the guy machines it down to suit your application..

I cant see why honda car valves wouldnt fit as long as the shaft is 6mm.. Since is all japanese, should be not a problem..
-------------------
I dont have a sig
-------------------