Rear caliper options

Please share your secrets! What mods have you made to your TRX?

Moderators: trixynut, Mincehead, dicky, phuk72, Jak, Kevtrx849

Thetzr
TRX-Enthusiast

Rear caliper options

Post by Thetzr » Sun May 09, 2021 5:00 pm

Hi all, new to the TRX as I have only just bought it. Stripping it back I now have all of the suspension linkage stripped, cleaned, greased and back together. Forks (Thundercat) drained, cleaned, new oil and seals, got a pair of Bluespots to fit but I don't think the rear caliper is up to much. Are there any other rear calipers that bolt onto the original rear caliper holder or a different holder and caliper that fits with the original torque arm? I was wondering if any of the Bluespot rear calipers are a direct fit. Thanks for reading and hopefully somebody has done a swap out in the past?

jpe70
TRX-Enthusiast

Re: Rear caliper options

Post by jpe70 » Sun May 09, 2021 7:09 pm

ThunderAce caliper is direct replacement for original.

Thetzr
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by Thetzr » Mon May 10, 2021 6:28 pm

Hi jpe70, thanks for the quick reply, thats good news, I will start looking.

cobbadiggabuddyblooo
Site Sponsor

Post by cobbadiggabuddyblooo » Tue May 11, 2021 9:17 am

I used a 220mm early YZ125 rear disc which is the same bolt pattern and a GSXR rear Caliper and Mount. Had to sleeve the axle hole from 28 to 20mm plus shave about 1mm from the mount where the Caliper bolts on for alignment. Mounts underneath so torque arm mounting is no issue.
I also have reworked Thundercat forks and had the orifice style cartridges removed and retrofitted MT/GSXR shim stack cartridges to improve damping response.
laughter is the best medicine