Throttle Tube.

Please share your secrets! What mods have you made to your TRX?

Moderators: trixynut, Mincehead, dicky, phuk72, Jak, Kevtrx849

Trx envy
TRX-Enthusiast

Re: Throttle Tube.

Post by Trx envy » Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:52 am

spiritedride wrote:Hi Trx Envy, I take Dickys point about cv carbs being smooth,but my FCR equipped bike is just as everyday useable as my standard TRX.( apart from cold morning starts ),The Kehins have rollers on their slides to prevent the motor vacuum from making them sticky and their is absolutely no hesitation at all.The flatslides allow me to enter a corner in a higher gear and get good drive on exit with more revs in hand,when i'm on my standard bike I have to use the gearbox much more to keep the revs up or not much happens when you twist the throttle on exit.If you were using your bike for daily commuting I wouldn't bother with them but if you want a more lively motor for general road use they are worth their cost.
Hmm. Yeah. Its not really a commuter bike. More recreation. Its purpose is to give me warm and fuzzies when i ride it. If it gives more torque and power across the range without sacrificing smoothness im back on board. Along with cobbas head gasket mod, should be pretty sweet.
As to having no idea about tuning carbs, im happy to learn. Maybe chuck a wideband on it even.

Trx envy
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by Trx envy » Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:56 am

In other news, i bought a 96-97 r6 throttle assembly with cables early this morning. This will fit straight up yeah?

cobbadiggabuddyblooo
Site Sponsor

Post by cobbadiggabuddyblooo » Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:34 pm

No idea. The R6 throttle I have was from a 2006 model.
Searched for hrs on the web finding info on throttles and the degrees of rotation. Different models and different years chopped and changed the action like their colour schemes.
Time will tell with yours...
With mine the cables now are routed on top off the bars instead of underslung like std.

As for carbie choice I just picked up a set of TDMR40’s for the white TRX to go with the Over Exhaust. Much better atomisation of the fuel in the lower register of the rev range due to the emulsion tube format over the FCR and 1 reason why you can gain as much as 10% increase in torque over the fcr’s in midrange ( there’s the intake velocity gains too being 1 mm less than fcr41’s ).
Bellmouths length can compliment where you want gains too.
Last edited by cobbadiggabuddyblooo on Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
laughter is the best medicine

Trx envy
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by Trx envy » Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:57 pm

Sorry i meant 2006-2007.
Yeah, ill have a play with it when it lands

cobbadiggabuddyblooo
Site Sponsor

Post by cobbadiggabuddyblooo » Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:23 pm

As long as you got the whole assembly , you’ll be ok. The larger diameter inner throttle tube section where the cables attach won’t fit in the std trx body.
I quite like the feel of the 60* throttle and small opening are just a light twist and doesn’t take long to get used to the feel.
laughter is the best medicine

Trx envy
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by Trx envy » Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:25 am

Cheers cobba.