ER6 wheels

Please share your secrets! What mods have you made to your TRX?

Moderators: trixynut, Mincehead, dicky, phuk72, Jak, Kevtrx849

BigAl-TC
Site Sponsor

Re: ER6 wheels

Post by BigAl-TC » Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:30 am

MMMMMMMM Carbon Discs :drool: You are cutting loose :D
Cheers,
Alan.

Racer-unk
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by Racer-unk » Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:30 am

So after three weeks of waiting for an answer on the ER6 wheels, I decide to use the money and buy a Pre-sling rolling chassis and build a proper era related Classic race bike. (Long-term project)...
Offloaded the bike yesterday and just got my wife off my back, after taking her for a nice dinner without the kids.

This morning, out of the blue, I get the confirmation I can collect the wheels. #-o "Murphy you bastard" .....so this coming weekend I will collect the wheels but now don't have cash to buy a new set of race tyres for the coming event.

I need a sponsor or a sugar mommy! [-o<

All's well that ends well.....

Racer-unk
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by Racer-unk » Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:07 pm

Removed old tyre from ER6 rear wheel and weighed the whole lot.....you can save up to 2.2kg depending on what sprocket you fit. Would like to have rear sorted and spacers made before I have to fit a new rear race tyre. Front will take a bit longer due to special bracket required for Nissin radial brakes.....better have a fork brace before I fit that....... #-o

Racer-unk
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by Racer-unk » Fri May 11, 2018 1:21 pm

Time to put this baby to bed.
I decided to sell the wheels to my mate, who races an ER6.
ER6 rear wheel is 4.5J and front also slightly narrower.
Just not comfortable with this......for a TRX anyway.
Nothing lost and knowledge gained.
Besides....... I have a new plan already.....

PrfctChaos
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by PrfctChaos » Mon May 14, 2018 7:15 am

Mmmmmm, the ER6 wheels actually work out really well on the Pre-sling GSXRs.... They came out with stupidly heavy wheels, I think you couldve saved about 5Kg. I think you should've kept them for the GSXR, just saying.

For my 1988 GSXR750 I changed from Original GSXR wheels, to newer wheels (Still 3 spoke, but 180 wide rear, lighter but still heavy), then to the very light ER6 wheels(160 wide rear, I do not believe the bike has enough power to NEED 180 wide, but my tyres last a long time in anycase).
1996 TRX, Front end from a 2006 GSXR 750, Seat off a 2012 Triumph street triple. TDMR carbs, Laser cans, Perreli Rosso Supercorsas.

Racer-unk
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by Racer-unk » Tue May 15, 2018 7:35 am

If I was a lightweight guy, I would have kept them. Being quite big, I feel one works the tyres a little harder on the edge. Dont want to chance it.
I like the way the tyres sit on the old CBR600F3 rims. (got a front already) Going to get a set of them for the GSXR, but will use them on my TRX in the meantime if the weight saving warrants it and it is easy enough to do without too much rim mods.