Wide band O2 sensor footage

Please share your secrets! What mods have you made to your TRX?

Moderators: trixynut, Mincehead, dicky, phuk72, Jak, Kevtrx849

cobbadiggabuddyblooo
Site Sponsor

Wide band O2 sensor footage

Post by cobbadiggabuddyblooo » Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:38 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nD340K ... e=youtu.be

Footage taken earlier in the year while at Lakeside (summer 36*c heat) but gives you an idea of how handy a tuning tool it is and a great investment for $250.
Usually I have the throttle tube /grip marked with a pointer and the body of the twist grip calibrated with 1/4 1/2 3/4 full throttle marking as a reference.
Slow through the corners as the O2 sensor hangs out of the header pipes by 3 or 4 inches so I loose lean angle. Cold tyres and no warmers.
laughter is the best medicine

cobbadiggabuddyblooo
Site Sponsor

Re: Wide band O2 sensor footage

Post by cobbadiggabuddyblooo » Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:32 am

All though the vision of the A/F gauge seems a little staggered in real time this doesn't happen.
The LED read out must flash around 24 pulses a second. Go pro speed set at 24 frames/sec only caught 1 single digit either the first, 2nd or 0.3rd digit when recording so I filmed this footage at 48f/ps and it caught all numbers just a bit staggered.
I'm sure 60F/ps or more would give a normal appearance.
There's a single LED that gives a green signal around 12.5 at 9 o'clock and amber from there to 12 o clock which stoimetric full burn around 14.7 and goes into the red from 3 o'clock

coxylaad
Site Sponsor

Post by coxylaad » Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:01 am

very good. so are you where you need to now then?

cobbadiggabuddyblooo
Site Sponsor

Post by cobbadiggabuddyblooo » Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:01 pm

I've found a happy medium so to speak with the characteristics of the motor I've built.
Just means re jetting 2 sizes on the mains between winter and summer and just hope it's not a 30*c+ winters day ... will be down a few horses but it'll help keep the motor cool... :lol: :lol: and that's the nature of the beast with carbies...
It would be nice to have an arsonal of exhaust systems, bell mouths and inlet tracts to suit conditions and tracks so I can appreciate how much time and money some race teams spend just to get the best power suited for the curcuit let alone the geometry to go with it.
At the end of the day it's still just a overstock TRX 850 for trackdays.

coxylaad
Site Sponsor

Post by coxylaad » Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:35 pm

i admire the graft you have put into the setup of the bike =D>

you right its all about having fun, a couple of horses here or there make no difference