Cosmetic upgrades

Please share your secrets! What mods have you made to your TRX?

Moderators: trixynut, Mincehead, dicky, phuk72, Jak, Kevtrx849

OzzieDave
TRX-Enthusiast

Cosmetic upgrades

Post by OzzieDave » Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:32 pm

Just prior to taking the Rex off the road for the winter period (servicing and maintenance), I was bumped over at a stop sign by an impatient car driver, which did some minor damage to the left indicator, left mirror, left crash protector, clutch lever and caused some cracking in the left side of the fairing.
I decided to replace the mirrors, as they never were much good for seeing past my elbow anyway.
The indicators were replaced with LED units, which did not need a new indicator relay.
Thr clutch and brake levers were replaced with nice looking blue anodised cnc units, I had to machine up a brass bush for the clutch lever as the 10mm hole was larger than the 6mm bolt.
The footpegs were worn out and were replaced with some nicer units as well.
The oil drein plug will be replaced at the next oil change, with a blue anodised magnetic unit and an aluminium filler cap.
I have also fitted some larger blue frame sliders to the front axle.
All were purchased via Aliexpress.

I will post some photos of the items installed shortly.
All photos hosted on imgbb.com, as Photobucket wanted actual money to provide the service.

Proudly Aspergian. Yellow 98 TRX850, Staintune mufflers, braided brake hoses, blue spot brakes, remote control ignition switch, Ignitech ECU. 17/42 525 chain.