The final carburator question.

Please share your secrets! What mods have you made to your TRX?

Moderators: trixynut, Mincehead, dicky, phuk72, Jak, Kevtrx849

Racer-unk
TRX-Enthusiast

The final carburator question.

Post by Racer-unk » Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:18 am

Some people have queried about the Kedo 30601 anti - jerk kit which is supposed to be for race track use only. But nobody answered....ever.
It seems to have more of a tapered needle like the factory kit.

Please anybody know if this can be used on any model even 95 grey import Japanese model?

Thanking you in advance 8-[

cobbadiggabuddyblooo
Site Sponsor

Re: The final carburator question.

Post by cobbadiggabuddyblooo » Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:54 am

I have a set of std carbies from a Japanese import in the garage and first thing different I can see is they have an accelerator pump.
I'm searching for answers on these carbies too.
I'm thinking maybe they have a lighter Spring above the diapram / slide so they need less vaccum and open faster.
Be an interesting project to bore out to see what improvements can be gained by this.
FCR's / TDMR's are now approx $2,000 here in Oz so a worthy project that may cost a couple of hundred. There are kits available for EVO Harley's pre fuel injection that work on the same principle and bore the 40mm Mikuni CV carby to 42mm.
Now didn't you mention something about pilot jet size earlier???
laughter is the best medicine

Tarwetijger
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by Tarwetijger » Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:20 pm

I don't know about the tapered needle, sorry, but regarding the "supposed to be for race track use only":
KEDO is a German company and in Germany there are very strict rules wether something is allowed to change on your bike or not.
So they state that something is "for race track use only" very easily.

Racer-unk
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by Racer-unk » Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:59 am

Those buggers (Kedo) dont answer my emails. FCRs only a possibility if I can get a secondhand pair in the UK. (my mate can bring it home when he visits)
I dropped the idea of boring my carbs as my racing buddy only does slide carb mods, not CV. Will let you know if I get an answer from KEDO.