carbys

Please share your secrets! What mods have you made to your TRX?

Moderators: trixynut, Mincehead, dicky, phuk72, Jak, Kevtrx849

merrick
TRX-Enthusiast

carbys

Post by merrick » Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:52 am

G'day, currently race a TRX in the PCRA series, looking for a bit more horsepower, been suggested aftermarket carbys are a good place to start, any advice would be appreciated.

Con Rod
Site Sponsor

Re: carbys

Post by Con Rod » Tue Jul 19, 2016 3:19 am

if you do a search on the forum for FCR41 you will find loads of information
Paul

dicky
Site Sponsor / Administrator

Post by dicky » Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:10 am

I was watching some of the racing threads here but I can't remember what was controlled or what was not for the PCRA classes.
If carbs are free then FCR's are probably the best bet. You can by the complete kit new from Show & Go in SOz, last price I saw here was $1350 but that was a few years ago and the AU/US $ exchange was 90c, so I'd reckon they cost a bit more now.
If you can change the ECU then one of the Ignitech units is well worth the few hundred to buy it.
Instead of gaining more hp you could try losing some weight, as long as it's within class rules.
A full Akra 2-1 pipe & headers weighs a whole lot less than standard and even gains a few HP in the midrange without any other mods.
With FCR's and a programmable ECU it's pretty much the ducks guts.
Light weight wheels... talk to Cobba, they really make a difference.
Curmi is racing a TRX in PCRA, you could ask him, but if he's racing against you then any advice may need to be verified ;)
dicky
OOOSDC #5

merrick
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by merrick » Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:58 am

thanks for the info guys, lot there to look at, gives me somewhere to start, i'm the one who needs to get the weight off, and not sure if Adrian wants to give up too many secrets, although i don't think he needs to look over his shoulder yet, appreciate your help. :D

Curmi.
Site Sponsor

Post by Curmi. » Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:48 am

No need to have any secrets Merrick , especially now that I have striped the motor to find out I cooked it, and a lot of it is cactus! Awell I shall build it again but it will not be anywhere near what it was, maybe I went to far with it and got power hungry, and then tuning/setup spec is so much more vital. Especially when you ring its neck.

I would agree that the carbs are the best and most important for power gains! They don't need to be messed with either, buy them setup for the trx with 150 mains, and its a large bolt on gain with a free flowing exhaust witch you have. I guess its the major step in making the trx850 into a sp model like for example the the yzf750sp. None of the engine work on the yzf sp would mean much without the larger diameter flat slides they run.
Thanks for the t-shirt again mate.