top yoke conversion

Please share your secrets! What mods have you made to your TRX?

Moderators: trixynut, Mincehead, dicky, phuk72, Jak, Kevtrx849

jjmoto
Site Sponsor

top yoke conversion

Post by jjmoto » Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:18 pm

I have a 'cool n comfy" top yoke conversion with renthall ultra low bars, the bike is unpaired at the moment but I'd like to refit the original fairing. I know I'll have to modify the fairing to keep the bars but can't find any good pictures online of a similar mod. If anyone has any pics I'd appreciate seeing them I want to trim as little as possible off

Seacliff23
TRX-Enthusiast

Re: top yoke conversion

Post by Seacliff23 » Fri Nov 20, 2015 3:20 pm

Hi
Can I ask you what top yoke you used for the handlebar conversion

dicky
Site Sponsor / Administrator

Post by dicky » Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:42 pm

dicky
OOOSDC #5

cobbadiggabuddyblooo
Site Sponsor

Post by cobbadiggabuddyblooo » Sat Nov 21, 2015 1:48 am

Just drill the std yoke and fit risers
A lot cheaper way to achieve the same result with plenty of strength in the std jobbie to cope.
laughter is the best medicine

jjmoto
Site Sponsor

Post by jjmoto » Sat Nov 21, 2015 1:39 pm

dicky wrote:Probably this one...
http://www.topyokes.uk/product/yamaha-trx-850/
yes this is the one i have, but i don't think they make them to fit TRX's any more. I thought about drilling the top yoke, but this one looks much better.
Having looked at the pics of Kayla's bike with straight bars fitted it looks like the way i might have to go which is a pity because the Renthal ultra low bars are really comfortable. Unfortunately every combination of moving the throttle cables & switchgear i've tried so far everything hits the fairing on left lock, right lock is not too bad. Another problem is my knuckles hit the mirrors on full lock, i'm hoping that sv mirrors will sort the problem. How long are sv mirror stalks?
Regarding handlebars i'm looking at maybe FZ1 bars as they sweep back a bit more than normal straight/drag bars. Ideally i want some bars with a slight rise in them, or the other alternative is maybe wider bars to push the switchgear out further. As usual i seem to be ending up with more questions than answers, any suggestions gratefully recieved.

craybait
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by craybait » Mon Nov 23, 2015 12:28 pm

I moved the whole fairing up about 10 cm by welding a piece of channel onto the bottom of the existing channel in the fairing bracket.The only headache was removing and relocating the ignition switch.
I have the ABM kit of raised bars and triple clamp,had to get a longer speedo and clutch cable but did not have to cut the fairing ,side on it looks balanced.

jjmoto
Site Sponsor

Post by jjmoto » Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:18 am

I've made up some brackets that raise the fairing 18mm & forward by 15 mm with the renthals fitted. Its only noticeable if your looking for it. Had to cut the captive nuts off the fairing frame & the tab that locates in the channel on the headstock. Have also routed the throttle cables under the master cylinder but that's not finalised yet.