Fuel Pump mounting

Please share your secrets! What mods have you made to your TRX?

Moderators: trixynut, Mincehead, dicky, phuk72, Jak, Kevtrx849

steveng
TRX-Enthusiast

Fuel Pump mounting

Post by steveng » Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:20 pm

If I mount the fuel pump on a bracket directly to the engine,(at the back of the oil tank),will it be effected by vibration.I'm in the middle of giving mine the cafe race look,
I've altered the frame and got rid of the rear mudguard/battery holder,so I need somewhere else to mount the pump
Ta

mrdesmo
TRX-Enthusiast

Re: Fuel Pump mounting

Post by mrdesmo » Fri May 01, 2015 10:36 am

Hey steveng,
I've done the same thing, all I did was with the original bracket that attached the pump to the mudguard, turned it around, cut the extra bits off, used a longer engine mount bolt so I had room to get a nut on and drilled out the hole in the bracket to suit. That effectively bolts it to the frame, not the engine.
Haven't had any problems with vibration, but I've only done about 350kms since finishing my cafe!
I tried attaching photos but it wouldn't let me. If you want any, PM me I can email you some.

steveng
TRX-Enthusiast

Re: Fuel Pump mounting

Post by steveng » Sun May 03, 2015 9:53 pm

Sorry have'nt been on the site for a while, I've only just read your message.I've just painted the frame and I'm about to put put it all back together so I'd be gratefull of few pics to see if what you've done is a better idea and I can mkae any alterations now.I've alterered my frame quite a bit,if you'd like any pics I be glad to send you what Ive got,might give you a few idea's also
here's my email stevenmg63@hotmail.com.
Thanks
Steve