Miks rebuild - Valves wanted - SORTED! Thanks Cobba

Please share your secrets! What mods have you made to your TRX?

Moderators: trixynut, Mincehead, dicky, phuk72, Jak, Kevtrx849

mik_b
TRX-Enthusiast

Miks rebuild - Valves wanted - SORTED! Thanks Cobba

Post by mik_b » Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:38 am

Hello to all. After much un-employment the work on my engine can finally start to regain some momentum. I will try to chronicle the saga for you a bit, but can't promise Cobba-like loquaciousness. So, the time has finally come, after many hours spent porting/de-restricting my cylinder head to take it to the experts for a valve/seat job & to get some flow testing done. I won't be surprised to find out that each port flows quite differently, and thats the next big challenge. From my investigations, in terms of flow, the Exhausts should flow 80% if the Inlets, so as I've decided to follow the principle that velocity is better than volume (for the most part) & I'll be keeping the std exhaust valve size and just machining the throat out to a size equivalent to 85-90% of that (in terms of area). So what to do with the inlets? Ideally I should wait for the flow test results on the exhausts (after valve/seat job) and then make a decision on inlet valve size, but I don't want to pay for valve/seat work on the 26mm inlets if I'm going to need bigger valves. So after a lot of work spent de-shrouding the outer inlets I don't want to re-create the problem with an over oversized valve. So after much consideration I've decided to go with 27mm inlets (shouldn't re-shroud the valves) and machine the throat to suit. So the question is; does anybody, who previously bought Sanddunes 27mm valves and now has the 28's want to part with the 27's? cheers :)