Ignitech TCIP4 Ignition Maps

Please share your secrets! What mods have you made to your TRX?

Moderators: trixynut, Mincehead, dicky, phuk72, Jak, Kevtrx849

WickedTRX
TRX-Enthusiast

Re: Ignitech TCIP4 Ignition Maps

Post by WickedTRX » Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:04 pm

Hi
I'm running EFI on my TRX, 42mm Throttle bodies
It's running great, needs some tuning, I used the standard Ignitech ignition map but looks like there's really too much timing, is anyone willing to share they're maps? preferably stock engines using 41 FCR'r
Thanks
Miguel

jpe70
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by jpe70 » Sun Oct 06, 2019 1:42 pm

So, "everyone's" been thru this but I'm just scratching my poor head on all this. However, I do have one or two maps.

Didn't think much of it so nearly lost it, but seems like there's been some real work done on the bike that my carbs and ignition comes from. There was a custom map with quite a lot af advance, only RPM-based though so I've been doing a bit of digging. Not that I found much that I could make sense from... I have no idea if this map promotes power or driveablility/economy. Probably the latter.

My TRX has been tested running with this map and is a bit more angry than before so thats good. Not tried the Ignitech stock TDM RPM-map so can't tell about the difference. What I have done though, without testing it, is to combine the stock RPM+TPS map with the custom map found in the unit. I got the idea I want to run RPM+TPS, but don't have the means to spend time with a dyno testing every step. This is what I ended up with, hopefully bike will run and show progress. Going to use a button on the handlebar for map switching when I get as far as a dyno run.

Bike has stock engine, TDMR's with pod filters & Akra 2-1. I'm running regular 95 or 98 unleaded with 5-10% ethanol from the pump.

Any thoughts?

Ignitech TDM RPM map

Ignitech TDM RPM+TPS table

Custom TDM map from unit

Custom combined RPM+TPS map

cobbadiggabuddyblooo
Site Sponsor

Post by cobbadiggabuddyblooo » Sun Oct 06, 2019 2:02 pm

I tapered my throttle % down with a little more advance to eventually run 60-100% at the base setting and not from 20-100% base advance with std motor and std trx curve 37- 35* but with (FCR’s-TDMR’s)

I’m running 34-32* advance at 12.5:1 compression but steeper advance curve under 4000rpm due to the extra overlap and non CV carb.
Last edited by cobbadiggabuddyblooo on Sun Oct 06, 2019 2:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
laughter is the best medicine

cobbadiggabuddyblooo
Site Sponsor

Post by cobbadiggabuddyblooo » Sun Oct 06, 2019 2:03 pm

So the latest version allows you to switch maps does it???
I should mention Air/Fuel ratio was mid to hi 12’s apart from 5500rpm dip on most throttle %

jpe70
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by jpe70 » Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:02 pm

cobbadiggabuddyblooo wrote:So the latest version allows you to switch maps does it???
I should mention Air/Fuel ratio was mid to hi 12’s apart from 5500rpm dip on most throttle %
Yep, as our PM discussion.

Just download this little firmware updater from Ignitech: http://www.ignitech.cz/zdroj/upload/TCI ... loader.exe

That's good to know, will do a few runs soon as the dyno is free.

jpe70
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by jpe70 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:42 pm

cobbadiggabuddyblooo wrote:I tapered my throttle % down with a little more advance to eventually run 60-100% at the base setting and not from 20-100% base advance with std motor and std trx curve 37- 35* but with (FCR’s-TDMR’s)

I’m running 34-32* advance at 12.5:1 compression but steeper advance curve under 4000rpm due to the extra overlap and non CV carb.
So, basically you ended with something like my custom curve up to 4000 rpm, with the steeper climb, and stock curve from there? That's with higher compression of course, won't do much with the engine this winter but probably raise compression with thinner gasket. So I should benefit from the curve I have that ends in about 35 advance.

Did I get that right, less compression - more advance? Aside from all the other factors?

I know we have a lot of different circumstances, but could you send me the base table you ended up with? I feel a bit lost in space with too much options right now, but would like to run the bike with RPM+TPS map not just RPM. That's a bit like jetting the bike solely for WOT...

cobbadiggabuddyblooo
Site Sponsor

Post by cobbadiggabuddyblooo » Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:46 am

Yes there’s a number of factors that dicates boundaries because of cam timing and overlap effect the dynamic compression.
Static compression may be set at 12.5:1 but due to the valve overlap this will dictate the dynamics to that number.
More overlap than standard trx cams and your dynamic compression will drop so lower in the rpm spectrum you will need more advance.
Sort your jetting and A/F first and mid 12’s to mid 13’s give good acceleration and keep things just a little cooler.

dicky
Site Sponsor / Administrator

Post by dicky » Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:56 am

I've created two folders on the Google Drive account that is tied to the TRX850dotcom@gmail account (the account I use to notify new members, as the real account is broken)
I can share the folders with anyone, so that all can upload or download the .ign files directly instead of having to recreate the maps from a picture.
To see if it works I can add Cobba and JPE as a test run.
Let me know if you want this.
dicky
OOOSDC #5

cobbadiggabuddyblooo
Site Sponsor

Post by cobbadiggabuddyblooo » Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:53 am

What’s google drive... lol
I’d still have wind down windows in the car if I can... :lol: :lol: :lol:

dicky

Post by dicky » Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:15 am

It's one of those it things. Like apples.
Given that we can't post the .ign files as attachments to messages I thought that this might be a solution.
Of course you can just email each other, but a common folder lets everyone share the love, or whatever it's called these days.
Having just delved a bit further into the working of Google Drive, you can't access it fully without a Google account. So, screw that then.
It would be one more thing that I have to take care of, so maybe it's not a good idea after all...
dicky
OOOSDC #5

jpe70
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by jpe70 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:07 pm

dicky wrote: Having just delved a bit further into the working of Google Drive, you can't access it fully without a Google account. So, screw that then.
It would be one more thing that I have to take care of, so maybe it's not a good idea after all...
The thought was a good one though!

Racer-unk
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by Racer-unk » Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:26 am

please share your map once you have done those few dyno runs.

My bike's development and yours going down more or less the same road.
I have some things to try on my 2-1 exhaust system. will elaborate later.

dicky

Post by dicky » Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:48 am

I have already set up the Google Drive folders, and anyone can download from them even if they don't have a Google account.
If anyone wants to share their .ign map file, send it as an email attachment to trx850dotcom@gmail.com, I will then upload it to the folder.
Please include a brief description of the settings, and more importantly, which version of software, v88 or v96.

Can someone please check if this link shows the folders, and that they can download the files?

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

thanks.
dicky
OOOSDC #5

Tarwetijger
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by Tarwetijger » Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:05 pm

Yep :thumbright:

DavidE
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by DavidE » Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:51 am

Dicky
I've tried to download the tcip4_v96 drivers for the Ignitech that Cobba recently sent me, but as expected .exe files are blocked (sensibly) by my system when accessed from many web sites.
I did manage to get the 190920a_TCIP4_v96.exe from your google site and have virus scanned it, but the ...v96_uploader.exe file gets blocked from my system download.
Might need to resort to posting the exe's on a USB stick for a safe though impractical solution.
Cheers
David