R1 40mm carbs

Please share your secrets! What mods have you made to your TRX?

Moderators: trixynut, Mincehead, dicky, phuk72, Jak, Kevtrx849

cobbadiggabuddyblooo
Site Sponsor

Re: R1 40mm carbs

Post by cobbadiggabuddyblooo » Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:42 am

And if you want a TPS set up , there is another expense you will have too.
laughter is the best medicine

M.V.
Site Sponsor

Post by M.V. » Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:23 am

cobbadiggabuddyblooo wrote:And if you want a TPS set up , there is another expense you will have too.
This
Kayla wrote:I split a set of R1 carbs to fit on a TRX a few years ago for someone. There was only one pump on them and it was only the centre pair that were used as they were spaced right to fit the TRX from the start, meaning the two 'end' carbs were spare.

If you decide to split a bank of R1 carbs into two, splitting them down the centre into pairs, you'll need two new throttle rods as they're machined to suit the spacing of the carbs. Maybe Allens could supply them, I don't know. You'd also need new ally spacers and blanking plugs.

It's doable but I think it'd end up being an expensive PITA.
& This.

I should know because:
bagmaker wrote:I purchased a set of 39fcrs from a kwaka 750 drag bike (USA ebay) and the set only had one pump.
That said, no big deal to get another pump happening from parts
I bought the other two of bagmaker :D

I priced up all the parts from someone over here, still cheaper than buying a setup pair, but probably not worth the extra effort really. I'll look into it again when I have some spare cash. Another option would be an MX carb for the TPS & pumper, but they're not cheap either.

You need a fuel bowl to suit the pump, the pump, TPS, linkages, throttle cable bracket... Probably some jets. IIRC, everything apart from the bolts & spacers was available.

NWS870R
Site Sponsor

Post by NWS870R » Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:46 am

Depends on what price you put on your own time & effort really - my 'free time' is exactly that - free! :wink:

Ultimately, the end result usually shows the level of effort & if you can save a few quid along the way all the better?
Life is not about finding yourself, it's about creating yourself.

Rich
Site Sponsor

Post by Rich » Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:25 pm

NWS870R wrote:Depends on what price you put on your own time & effort really - my 'free time' is exactly that - free! :wink:

Ultimately, the end result usually shows the level of effort & if you can save a few quid along the way all the better?

Totally agree, with the added bonus that I enjoy tinkering as well - even if it occasionally goes to pot and gets scrapped :cry: Think I'll write a scrap chit out for some alloy sheet which is being thrown at work - may make a seat unit if I can wheel it :D

alextrx850
Site Sponsor

Post by alextrx850 » Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:19 pm

No wheeling needed..Rich
Just bend shape, then weld the end piece.