What's next?

Please share your secrets! What mods have you made to your TRX?

Moderators: trixynut, Mincehead, dicky, phuk72, Jak, Kevtrx849

cobbadiggabuddyblooo
Site Sponsor

Re: What's next?

Post by cobbadiggabuddyblooo » Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:23 pm

If i was to fit the R6 rad I have, I was going to make up a rubber lined C bracket with a mounting tongue to fit around the radiator tanks on either side for the fairing/rad bracket.
No need to solidly fix the C bracket to the radiator as it's purpose is to stop any front/rear horizontal movement and would easily manage that via it's shape.

I'm finding even with the oversize bore and higher compression, temps are still running as per std and has never gone over 96*c with the lower thremo fan switch. I can prob see the R6 rad just gathering dust with the oil cooler I have too.
laughter is the best medicine

SDN
Site Sponsor

Post by SDN » Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:29 pm

Got the R6 rad for £28 all in with fan off flea bay, so seemed worth a punt, C brackets would work but I suppose you would still have to fix brackets to tongues which might look a bit messy. I am also quite intrigued about low temperature aluminium brazing. I was once a production engineer for Aeroquip and we did a lot of aluminium brazing for auto air con components

SDN
Site Sponsor

Post by SDN » Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:34 pm

Plus brazing would give me a great excuse to purchase a really nice brazing torch - coz like I really need one!

cobbadiggabuddyblooo
Site Sponsor

Post by cobbadiggabuddyblooo » Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:41 pm

laughter is the best medicine

SDN
Site Sponsor

Post by SDN » Wed Apr 01, 2015 7:03 pm

Blimy looks bloody close to front wheel!

SDN
Site Sponsor

Post by SDN » Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:13 pm

Well Front end is now bolted in place with spacer and R1 5PW yokes. It all went together very well, just waiting for a few more parts so I can take it out. Will be baby steps at first, but as I am really just getting geometry back to standard TRX with usual dogbone / lowered forks, I can't see it should do anything terrifying.

But it would be a shit to fall off prior to the Majorca Trip with Karate Club - stating 4th May

The Club out for Dan Grade Training