'Track Thunder' project bike

Please share your secrets! What mods have you made to your TRX?

Moderators: trixynut, Mincehead, dicky, phuk72, Jak, Kevtrx849

Excalibre
Site Sponsor

'Track Thunder' project bike

Post by Excalibre » Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:45 am

Hi all,

Have finally completed my track bike project, I can hardly wait for the opportunity to try it out on the track :D

Some details:
Based on a '95 import.
2004 R1 front end (radial brakes)
2006? R6 rear end and shock
Modified, de-lugged frame
Keihin FCR 41s with velocity stacks
Large bore 2-into-one exhaust
Harris rear-sets
Electric fuel pump
Lithium Ion battery
Electrics/battery relocated (hidden) within R6 tail section
A bunch of custom parts

Black '99: Race Tech fork springs/emulators, R6 Shock, FCR41's, Modified airbox with K&N filter, Omrae carbon mufflers, R1 brakes, Toby steering damper, and;
Black '01: unmodified, 100% original, and;
'95 Import: Track Bike - too much to list

cobbadiggabuddyblooo
Site Sponsor

Re: 'Track Thunder' project bike

Post by cobbadiggabuddyblooo » Sun Mar 01, 2015 5:03 am

8) 8) 8)
Bet your looking forward for your first trackday?
Looks like my old 2-1 exhaust I sold a fella down Adelaide way a few yrs ago. Pipemasters 2-1 with a 57mm I.D. Megacycle can.
Dynoed up I had to lower the needle by 1
Don't forget your earplugs... :lol: :lol:
laughter is the best medicine

Stu99
Site Sponsor

Post by Stu99 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:05 am

Nice, bet you can't wait to use it in anger. :D
Some people talk of difficulty tuning the 2 into 1. Did you find this a problem?
It must be true, I read it on the internet.

Excalibre
Site Sponsor

Post by Excalibre » Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:18 am

cobbadiggabuddyblooo wrote: Looks like my old 2-1 exhaust I sold a fella down Adelaide way a few yrs ago. Pipemasters 2-1 with a 57mm I.D. Megacycle can.
Dynoed up I had to lower the needle by 1
Could well be Cobba, I did take over the project from an Adelaide local. The headers and link pipe were painted black when I got it.
It is a crazy-loud exhaust, if I crack the throttle just right I can get a jet of flame to come out of it. It's a good thing I have tolerant neighbours (so far).
Black '99: Race Tech fork springs/emulators, R6 Shock, FCR41's, Modified airbox with K&N filter, Omrae carbon mufflers, R1 brakes, Toby steering damper, and;

Excalibre
Site Sponsor

Post by Excalibre » Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:26 am

Stu99 wrote:Nice, bet you can't wait to use it in anger. :D
Some people talk of difficulty tuning the 2 into 1. Did you find this a problem?
I haven't had a chance to try it in anger yet. It seems good in static tests, although with no load. Idling smoothly and no hesitation when cracking the throttle.
I've set up the FCRs as per the set-up instructions from Sudco. If anything the Sudco setting are a little rich on my street TRX so I'm hoping it'll work out fairly close given the free-flowing intakes and exhaust.

Con Rod
Site Sponsor

Post by Con Rod » Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:05 am

is that stock headers cut with a custom link pipe?

Very nice set up, probably worth getting a quickshifter and programmable ignition :D
Paul

Excalibre
Site Sponsor

Post by Excalibre » Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:15 am

Con Rod wrote:is that stock headers cut with a custom link pipe?

Very nice set up, probably worth getting a quickshifter and programmable ignition :D
Regarding the header question, I suspect so. Cobba thinks they may have been his at one stage so he may be able to shed some light on the matter.

I have been seriously considering the quickshifter/ignition combo deal =P~ . I'll wait and see how it performs on the track before I do anything else. I've already bought a 'green sticker' ECU for it to get around the limiter.

cobbadiggabuddyblooo
Site Sponsor

Post by cobbadiggabuddyblooo » Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:18 am

Fung also has a pair of Tranzac pipes with headers built the same way with a stepped header.
The pipes where fully manufactured by Pipemasters, as I picked up the std system from them after they fitted the 2 into 1.
I was running a std ECU with the TPS mod and robbed myself of some lower midrange but pulled really well over the 4000rpm dip and could find 9250rpm in top with bellmouths and 16/40 gearing (232kph) so it seemed to breathe ok 87Hp with FCR's.
laughter is the best medicine

Excalibre
Site Sponsor

Post by Excalibre » Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:23 pm

cobbadiggabuddyblooo wrote:Fung also has a pair of Tranzac pipes with headers built the same way with a stepped header.
The pipes where fully manufactured by Pipemasters, as I picked up the std system from them after they fitted the 2 into 1.
I was running a std ECU with the TPS mod and robbed myself of some lower midrange but pulled really well over the 4000rpm dip and could find 9250rpm in top with bellmouths and 16/40 gearing (232kph) so it seemed to breathe ok 87Hp with FCR's.
Thanks for the info Cobba. Those figures look very encouraging.