Progressive Springs

Please share your secrets! What mods have you made to your TRX?

Moderators: trixynut, Mincehead, dicky, phuk72, Jak, Kevtrx849

phuk72
Site Sponsor / Administrator

Post by phuk72 » Wed Feb 14, 2007 4:54 pm

Likewise, the Hagons I put in were a simple swap

burty
Site Sponsor

Post by burty » Wed Feb 14, 2007 5:21 pm

bevie wrote:
burty wrote:Which brand of springs are we discussing here?

I don't recall any problems with the length of the Hagon springs.
Hi Burty,
Yes they are Hagons.
I fitted mine in blind faith. I don't recall any real difference in length, not so as to cause me to question anything. I didn't do a direct comparison though.

How much is a bit shorter?

bevie
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by bevie » Wed Feb 14, 2007 5:44 pm

Burty,
About 25 / 30 mm shorter I have talked with the Hagon rep and say's this is correct and no need to worry , no extra spacres needed either ,thanks for all the input guy's :D will let you know how I get on when I finally get back on the road still too much salt and grease up here at the moment " and still a good chance of snow " :evil:
Thanks again,
Ian.

dfh
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by dfh » Tue Feb 20, 2007 1:05 am

bevie wrote:Burty,
About 25 / 30 mm shorter I have talked with the Hagon rep and say's this is correct and no need to worry , no extra spacres needed either ,thanks for all the input guy's :D will let you know how I get on when I finally get back on the road still too much salt and grease up here at the moment " and still a good chance of snow " :evil:
Thanks again,
Ian.
Hey Bevie.. put the springs in yet? Can you set the sag without braving the ice'n'snow?

DFH
Now with 140,000 on the clocks, X-mas tree didn't kill it & I still love it.

bevie
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by bevie » Wed Feb 21, 2007 2:29 pm

dfh wrote:
Hey Bevie.. put the springs in yet? Can you set the sag without braving the ice'n'snow?

DFH
Hi dfh,
Fitted the springs but not been out yet busy trying to get my old Honda 550 F1 ready for showing at the Scottish Motor Cycle Show in March will let you know when I finally get the TRX back on the road :)
Cheers Bevie.

Shifty
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by Shifty » Sun Feb 25, 2007 1:41 pm

Anybody familiar with springs from Wirth??

arrivisto
TRX-Enthusiast

Re: Progressive Springs

Post by arrivisto » Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:11 pm

I'm a 95kg rider and my current TRX's forks are too bouncy, and need better springing and damping. I have considered Hagon or Wirth progressive springs, but ideally, I would prefer straight-wound springs and Race-Tech Gold Valves. Having done a bit of research and having watch the YouTube demos, I think Iwould rather have a dealer do this, even if I have to take the forks off the bike myself. So the question is: is there a bike professional in the UK who can do this? Answers on a postcards, please!

highlander
Site Sponsor

Re: Progressive Springs

Post by highlander » Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:55 am

Several in the UK, look at

http://www.shocktech.co.uk/race-tech.html

http://www.stevejordanmotorcycles.co.uk ... oductid=43

among others .... it's just drilling the damper rods, most decent mechanics should do this cleanly!
Projection Racing 2-1 with Akropovic hex carbon can, Keihin FCRs @ 150 main, R6 shock conversion, 520 chain conversion, Ignitech ignition, Li-po battery. Further weight reduction & front suspension in progress ....