What's next on my TRX.......

Please share your secrets! What mods have you made to your TRX?

Moderators: trixynut, Mincehead, dicky, phuk72, Jak, Kevtrx849

guysie99
TRX-Enthusiast

Re: What's next on my TRX.......

Post by guysie99 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:14 am

what happened to the custom stitched seat? Doesnt look like its on the later photos?
Here for a good time, not a long time.

phil108
Site Sponsor

Post by phil108 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:09 pm

I swap and change it on and off, no real reason

guysie99
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by guysie99 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:57 am

looks awesome. great colours.
Here for a good time, not a long time.

phil108
Site Sponsor

Post by phil108 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:55 pm

Thanks

However front end has had to change, due to the pheasant, fairing is petty fooked, and cannot for love nor money get a hold of a std one... photos to come

sanddune51
Site Sponsor

Post by sanddune51 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:04 pm

phil108 wrote:Thanks

However front end has had to change, due to the pheasant, fairing is petty fooked, and cannot for love nor money get a hold of a std one... photos to come

What coincidence. I hit a pheasant a glancing blow on the left side of the fairing. I cleaned the mess off, or rather, thought I had. I put the bike away for the winter and when I brought it out in the spring I had green mould growing on the affected area :lol:

Mark.

phil108
Site Sponsor

Post by phil108 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:21 pm

Bit of rear end action

phil108
Site Sponsor

Post by phil108 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:25 am

Took it for a dyno run yesterday and to get the FCR'S set up as well as the Venhill quick action throttle (think I am going to have to take it easy with that to start off with) Fist run with std carbs as we would all expect 79bhp but was quite suprised that the second run with flatsides fitted 90.5bhp!.......... Thats 12.5bhp or 13% more. Defo more bang for your buck with FCRs.

Now to get it over to the MOT on Friday

I think a few tweeks over the next weeks and then get this rear susp sorted....... HAPPY DAYS (especially if this weather holds up)

phil108
Site Sponsor

Post by phil108 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:01 pm

Standard Carb run on the dyno

Works out around 79bhp

FCR Flatsides dyno run. Revs were a little less than previous runs

90.7bhp Well happy with that.

phil108
Site Sponsor

Post by phil108 » Tue May 12, 2015 9:04 pm

r6 shock now fitted, got the front and rear sag, compression and damping. all working nicely together when I took it out for a spin......A track day soon tho to maybe fine tune it. But first impressions handles awesome.

coxylaad
Site Sponsor

Post by coxylaad » Wed May 13, 2015 10:48 pm

what track day are you heading on?

phil108
Site Sponsor

Post by phil108 » Wed May 13, 2015 10:54 pm

Heading to Teeside on Monday. but not got anything more major booked yet. what bouts you?

phil108
Site Sponsor

Post by phil108 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:17 am

I've been a busy little bee these past couple of weeks, started to make another new dash (didnt like first attempt) had a few issues with the push button wiring but as usual something so simple.

A few final thinks to do on it and should be good to go, will be wiring up the Veypor digi dash this week which'll be a novelty knowing actually how fast I am going for once!!

Next to be fitted was the cheep but suprisingly good quality levers from China, £15 delivered you just cant go wrong, could find any for the TRX, so went for R6 5eb model and straight on they went

phil108
Site Sponsor

Post by phil108 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:35 am

Next on the list was attempting to get the r6 larger alluminium radiator fitted, but there was clearance issues with the fan hitting the rocker cover, but efore that got solved married it all up for a test and found out thaat the bloody thing was leaking

So after a shed load of time fabricating brackets because the main ones do not fit directly on to the TRX, I had to put the original one back on for now until I could get the leaks welded. but while it was all apart thought I may as well fitted the samco hosing and leave it on.....looks much nicer!

Anywho got the rad back after the leaks had been plugged (well hopefully anyway) and while I was at it I measured the bracket spacing and got the bloke to move the lugs on the rad, 190mm spacing fits perfect! so much tidier than I had it before. However still got clerance issues with the fan, could do with a smaller fan than the TRX. any suggestions?????

cobbadiggabuddyblooo
Site Sponsor

Post by cobbadiggabuddyblooo » Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:36 am

I looked into fitting an R6 radiator too and it really isn't needed for the Trx.
The reason my bling bits are for sale on EBay.

If your in 35-40*c it may be beneficial to run on a Trackbike and ditch the thermo fan if looking to loose a little weight and remove 1 more potential electrical problem to suck power away from the coils if the thermo fan kicks in.
I've monitored oil and water temps and on a brisk 15minute track sessions in 32-35*c temps
90 *c water and 87*c oil temps where the max recorded temps on the Koso dash memory.
That was with the std radiator still Inplace.

I replaced the thermo fan switch with 1 that have a value of 10*c lower than std (95*c) and it still never kicked in on trackdays.
It will kick in if stuck in traffic or at lights for 4-5 minutes and turn of at 85*c.

I even looked into an oil cooler but again, not necccesary and may create more problems with oil pressure.
Again not needed. You where correct Dicky :wink: :wink:

You may actually find more problems than it is worth if temps are too cool.
Spirited ride days in the countryside, I still find average temps on fluids in the high 70's to mid 80's which is the operating temps of the thermostat.

Your not the first person I know who had issues with a cheap radiator from china leaking from new.
They look good but not really practical, much like a yzf750 rear end.
I feel a lot more gains where made by ceramic coating internally on the motor to manage any heat/friction/combustion issues that may arise and value for money for $350 (£ 175)
laughter is the best medicine

dicky
Site Sponsor / Administrator

Post by dicky » Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:06 am

You were correct Dicky :wink: :wink:
Was there ever any doubt?
dicky
OOOSDC #5