jpe's Bumble bee - The collected mods

Please share your secrets! What mods have you made to your TRX?

Moderators: trixynut, Mincehead, dicky, phuk72, Jak, Kevtrx849

Re: jpe's Bumble bee - The collected mods

Postby jpe70 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 7:36 pm

dicky wrote:Please do make drawings.
I wish that all the home engineers over the years had made drawings as we seem to be reinventing the wheel.

Yeah, I miss that too. There's a bunch of mods done and everyone but a few just writes "I changed this for that with a some modifications". If not drawings, so at least some measurements...

But there things are, and getting worse with FB replacing forums. Now you have me feeling old too... :lol:

Expanding on this change then. I'm going back from my ThunderAce swingarm/R6 wheel to stock swingarm/R6 wheel, and I've read up a bit more since the other day. Might be I'll go for option 2 and machine out the axle holes to accomodate the T'Ace/R6 axle instead of making adapters. Seems like the YZF750 adjustment blocks will fit straight on then. Also, the brakes will probably have to be my current overlaying R6 setup since apparently the GSXR caliper interferes with the R6 wheel? That implies moving the torque arm tab from under to over.

Basically, I could just forgo all this and get an YZF750 swing arm. Much easier but I will not gain any weight on the bike. But since it's already heavy it's option 3 if I can find one for no money. They seem to increase in price currently.... :roll:
jpe70
TRX-Enthusiast

Postby Rod.s » Thu Dec 24, 2020 1:14 am

I've found over the years that many home builders are not sure of their work, so tend to just gloss over what they are doing. I've also seen some home built "engineering" that is so dangerous and poorly built it's astounding :shock:.

With the rear axle bearing, there are quality bearing suppliers that will supply modified bearing to suit your situation. Easy done and can be cheaper than making up stepped adaptors. So if the bearing you need is not standard ask for custom bearings.
If it's not made in China, it's a fake!
Rod.s
Site Sponsor

Postby jpe70 » Sun Dec 27, 2020 9:00 pm

Who would have thought.... Just bought an YZF swing arm. :roll:
jpe70
TRX-Enthusiast

Postby jpe70 » Sun Dec 27, 2020 9:01 pm

Rod.s wrote:I've found over the years that many home builders are not sure of their work, so tend to just gloss over what they are doing. I've also seen some home built "engineering" that is so dangerous and poorly built it's astounding :shock:.

With the rear axle bearing, there are quality bearing suppliers that will supply modified bearing to suit your situation. Easy done and can be cheaper than making up stepped adaptors. So if the bearing you need is not standard ask for custom bearings.

True and true. But it's not just the bearings to consider, also spacers and brake caliper hanger are made to fit one or the other axle dimension.
jpe70
TRX-Enthusiast

Previous

Return to TRX Mods and Upgrades