The weather and my TRX

General Discussion Forum for TRX Enthusiasts...

Moderators: trixynut, Mincehead, dicky, phuk72, Jak, Kevtrx849

Wombat
Forum Marsupial

The weather and my TRX

Post by Wombat » Thu Oct 20, 2005 7:36 am

:shock: Do your TRXs get majorly affected by the weather? I find that if its very dry or overly humid, I don't get that wonderful induction roar thru the airbox. My trip to work is only 12kms, and the weather in Sydney is a bit on the cool side (you wouldn't believe we're 6 weeks off summer), so the old girl is just not warming up and feels sluggish at legal speeds. Of course it runs like a dream when its> 25 deg. Might also have a bit of "dodgy" fuel 'cos it doesn't seem to be running as crisply as possible.
Any ideas?

Wombat
"The fire is almost out......and there's nothing left to burn!"

tz250w
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by tz250w » Wed Oct 26, 2005 4:09 am

What's your temp read?

I've always found mine to run excessively cool. With what can't be considered a huge radiator by today's standards, it's always surprised me... Maybe those 'fins' on the cylinders work! :lol:

You may need to put a strip of tape over the radiator on those brisk days.

I've also found with my FCRs, I have to richen it up quite a bit in the cold (dense air).
TaZ (Max)

Wombat
Forum Marsupial

Post by Wombat » Tue Nov 01, 2005 5:40 am

:) Yeah Max,

The temp on a usual day sits on 60 or just slightly above. I've read somewhere that bikes run their best at around 70, and I've found that to be the truth. The days here are certainly a lot warmer now and much more humid, so she's running a lot more sweetly. I'm just trying to get over the shock :shock: of going thru two near new Pilot Powers (front and rear) within 3 weeks due to punctures from pieces of glass. Ouch! $$$$$

Wombat

tz250w
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by tz250w » Tue Nov 01, 2005 9:31 am

Wombat wrote:I'm just trying to get over the shock :shock: of going thru two near new Pilot Powers (front and rear) within 3 weeks due to punctures from pieces of glass. Ouch! $$$$$

Wombat
I know how you feel...

I had to replace a brand new Dragon Super Corsa rear with less than 300km (road) on it last year due to a big ass wood screw in it. :evil:
TaZ (Max)

Wombat
Forum Marsupial

Post by Wombat » Wed Nov 02, 2005 6:12 am

Today ran around the 70 mark ,but it was bloody hot and humid (around 29 - 30 deg C) and ran quite well.

Wombat :D

tz250w
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by tz250w » Wed Nov 02, 2005 7:23 am

Well, since you're heading into the summer down there you'll probably be fine for a while. Keep it in mind when the weather gets cool again and you might want to keep a roll of duct tape under the seat to put strips on the radiator.
TaZ (Max)

Wombat
Forum Marsupial

Post by Wombat » Fri Nov 04, 2005 11:30 am

:D Ran like a bloody dream today. in fact it ran so well that I took the extra long way home from work thru Galston Gorge (7kms of of tight hairpins, blind corners and 2 bridges - its essentially a deep valley. Pushed a V8 utility(pick up) all the way up the other side.....he couldn't get away from me :twisted:

Wombat