insurance

General Discussion Forum for TRX Enthusiasts...

Moderators: trixynut, Mincehead, dicky, phuk72, Jak, Kevtrx849

nukes
TRX-Enthusiast

insurance

Post by nukes » Sun Oct 22, 2006 8:36 am

Just to throw a question out there for everyone. What is the best insurance company to insure through? How have people gone with claims and such when the shit has hit the fan and were their company good to deal with? The insurance on the rex is due and wouldnt mind hearing others thoughts. :study:

The other thing i am curious about is for the pommy punters, are the insurers over there still thieving mongrel bastards? During my 2 year stay over there i thought about getting another scoot but the cost of insurance was absolutely insane.They wanted something in the area of 1200 pounds for T.F.T. on a 1992 blade. :evil:
KEEP THE WIND IN YOUR FACE

roymichaeldean
TRX-Enthusiast

Insurance...Mmm

Post by roymichaeldean » Sun Oct 22, 2006 9:02 am

Hi

I just insured 4 bikes..in London...for £272.11...TPFT...www.ebikeinsurance.co.uk....first time I had come across this Insurer...and Plan.......although there is £250 excess

Roy

roymichaeldean
TRX-Enthusiast

Old age

Post by roymichaeldean » Sun Oct 22, 2006 11:32 am

Hi

Forgot to mention ...that I'm old.......maybe the only advantage of old age...cheap Insurance

Roy

Peter850
Site Sponsor

Post by Peter850 » Sun Oct 22, 2006 12:20 pm

I've had good luck with Shannons, and very bad dealings with Suncorp. But you've got to shop around.
Suncoasttrx in another world.

Ridgifumi
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by Ridgifumi » Sun Oct 22, 2006 12:40 pm

well at 26 most insurance companies didn't want to know me and fully comprehensive was just too expensive,so i went 3rd party fire and theft through Suncorp and only pay about $11.00 a month :wink:
The best way to beat the economic crisis-Just keep buying stuff for ya bikes!

twolfe
Site Sponsor

Post by twolfe » Sun Oct 22, 2006 11:50 pm

G'day Glen,
As far as price is concerned Western QBE beats all the others for me, $351 full comprehensive.(Touch wood) I've never had to make a claim, so I can't vouch for them being any good in that department.Like roymd. says being older has at least one advantage.
Terry.

cheap_trix
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by cheap_trix » Mon Oct 23, 2006 2:50 am

twolfe wrote
As far as price is concerned Western QBE beats all the others for me, $351 full comprehensive.(Touch wood) I've never had to make a claim, so I can't vouch for them being any good in that department.Like roymd. says being older has at least one advantage.
Terry.
Ditto for me.
QBE were the cheapest by a long way. Aparently they don't class the TRX as a sport bike. :shock:

Kevtrx849

Post by Kevtrx849 » Mon Oct 23, 2006 3:13 am

I'm thru QBE as well and they give a good discount for over 40's. Just paid a premium last month of $198 fully comprehensive. Was with Swann , made a claim some years back and they coughed up no problems they just didn't offer a seniors discount. :roll:
CYA, Kev.

JL4049

Post by JL4049 » Mon Oct 23, 2006 6:38 am

I'm With Swan and am paying around $350 p.a. Their quote when I was shopping around was $900 cheaper than RACV. (never insure a bike with a car insurance company!)

Jak
Site Administrator

Post by Jak » Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:01 am

I paid £131 fully comp this year (Aus$325) - but then I live in one of the safest parts of the UK according to the insurance companies. I'm sure my age and the fact I'm female come into it too.

Oh - that was with Bennetts - a lot of people reckon they're expensive - but I'm pretty pleased with them - first time I've held comprehensive insurance.

Mind you when some git knocked my Rex over in a carpark and drove off :cussing: I didn't claim coz I was pretty sure they'd write it off and I repaired it for just under £200 which is the excess on the policy! And if I had claimed my next insurance premium would've been sky high. :-k perhaps I should just get third party next time!

I hate insurance companies - I think they're thieving gits both sides of the planet.
This forum is (and will remain) free of advertising
Please help keep it that way : click here for details of how to donate towards forum costs

John M
Site Sponsor

Post by John M » Tue Oct 24, 2006 12:29 am

Nukes I'm in the over 40's brigade too and with Western QBE. It is about the same for comprehensive here in Sydney as Brisbane, i also have a 'limited use' policy where i get a discount for riding less than (approx) 10,000 km per year.
cheers
Reintarnation : Coming back to life as a hillbilly