My nearest miss ever...

General Discussion Forum for TRX Enthusiasts...

Moderators: trixynut, Mincehead, dicky, phuk72, Jak, Kevtrx849

trixynut
Site Sponsor

My nearest miss ever...

Post by trixynut » Thu Oct 19, 2006 4:39 pm

Just been out for a scratch to blow away the cobwebs as the sun is shining, and nearly ended up on me arse!

Went round a right hander, on a country lane with poor visibility due to high hedges, getting a move on but not going silly speeds, and found a car parked on my side of the road, facing me!!

Hit the brakes and the front locked up (I was still cranked over at this point) so released the brakes, the bike sat up and I hit them again, trying to remember to look where I wanted to go not at what I was about to hit!

Ended up going between the parked car and the curb (i.e. nearside) just missing the car mirror/my bar/my leg etc!!

Pulled into a lay-by about 100m futher on and was shaking like a shitting dog! Could hardly keep my hand still enough to light a smoke!

Lessons to be learnt? None really, unless you want to go everywhere at 30mph. The adrenaline buzz afterwards was pretty cool though...!!

It's the nearest miss I've ever had. Thought you might like to know.

Dave.

honkdawillydahonk
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by honkdawillydahonk » Thu Oct 19, 2006 4:42 pm

You lucky Bugger!

Check out my recent not-near miss.... :roll:

NEVER EAT ANYTHING BIGGER THAN YOUR HEAD

trixynut
Site Sponsor

Post by trixynut » Thu Oct 19, 2006 4:48 pm

Ouchee! :shock:

Looks like the crash bungs on the axle's did their job, and the spanny may polish up, but how easy is it to find bodywork for one of them these days!!

Trust you are ok? (soz, should have asked that first!!) :oops:

Jak
Site Administrator

Post by Jak » Thu Oct 19, 2006 5:31 pm

Glad to hear you're both ok :?

Goes to show the TRX can squeeze through some narrow gaps then :shock:
This forum is (and will remain) free of advertising
Please help keep it that way : click here for details of how to donate towards forum costs

Max
Janitor

Post by Max » Thu Oct 19, 2006 5:55 pm

Bet Honky flipped it trying to impress a female... Notice only the top side is damaged?

Brain talkin' again, eh Jak? :lol:
Max

(TaZ, tz250w)

honkdawillydahonk
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by honkdawillydahonk » Thu Oct 19, 2006 6:38 pm

Max wrote:Bet Honky flipped it trying to impress a female... Notice only the top side is damaged?
Actually my mate crashed it.... (long story) The near miss bit was nearly taking me with him (on his bike) :roll:

BTW He's not exactly OK either.... Broken foot, wrist and a mashed little finger! :shock:
NEVER EAT ANYTHING BIGGER THAN YOUR HEAD

phuk72
Site Sponsor / Administrator

Post by phuk72 » Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:38 pm

Dave - bloody lucky mate. Locking a front wheel cranked over is usually a recipe for a crash. Did you give the owner of the car a reminder of the fine 4 letter words we have in our language - I'd have been tempted to kick the crap out of him or his car. At the very least I'd have called the Police saying someone had dumped a car in a dangerous position.

Adam - who was it then? Hope they are OK and very very sorry! (I have sent you a txt about the hoses btw).

Max
Janitor

Post by Max » Fri Oct 20, 2006 12:03 am

Sorry to hear that Adam, and sorry about your friend.
Max

(TaZ, tz250w)

Kirk
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by Kirk » Fri Oct 20, 2006 5:46 am

I hate those kind of incidents. I had one last year coming down Macquarie Pass (NSW people will know it!), I hooked round a tight left on the (just) two lane section (no line markings) and was about to flick over into the tight right hander, luckily cruising about 60-70kph, when this semi-trailer appears doing about 60 UP through this corner :shock: :shock: ! I slammed on the anchors and stood it up, as I edged past on the left I looked over and I swear there was an equal amount of space on the OTHER side of the truck. :evil:
Anyway I just slid past, but for an idea of how much room I had, if I was in a car I would of gone under the front of him for sure!

Max
Janitor

Post by Max » Fri Oct 20, 2006 6:20 am

My worst road accidents to date were getting rear ended twice, by the same guy...

First time was on a RZ350 (Kenny version). Came around a curve to a stop light where a small dump truck was stopped in front of me. Then heard this 'whirp whirp whirp BANG' sound as he locked the front of his GPz750F up and plowed into the tail light of my RZ which then shot out from under, leaving me standing there! He crawled out from under the dump truck uninjured as was I.

The second time I was on my TZR250. Same sound... Him on an RZ250R but I held on tighter... It was a stopped bus that he crawled out from under that time... :roll: Bent up my rear wheel and his forks. I had to stop at every gas station along the way and put 5kg of air in the tire to make it home (leaking at the bead).

He also trashed my 5hr old Shoei when he asked to borrow it one night (it had the clear shield, his a smoke) when we were out testing our new knee sliders at night! He wanted to ride in front that run... I said DON'T CRASH, he promised he wouldn't and did so in the very first turn. I watched a white puff of dust come up when the Shoei hit the road... He didn't get hurt then either...

Charmed? Or just plain stupid and lucky? :lol:
Max

(TaZ, tz250w)

Max
Janitor

Post by Max » Fri Oct 20, 2006 6:22 am

Well, I have had a few other stupid ones, but the only injury was a 4cm round hole in my elbow thanks to cheap Korean leathers. Did that on HIS bike! :lol:
Max

(TaZ, tz250w)

Kirk
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by Kirk » Fri Oct 20, 2006 7:33 am

Max,
quick bit of advice,
don't ride with that guy anymore!! :lol:

Max
Janitor

Post by Max » Fri Oct 20, 2006 7:56 am

I finally smartened up. Haven't seen him in 20 years... :wink:
Max

(TaZ, tz250w)

WickedTRX
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by WickedTRX » Fri Oct 20, 2006 4:19 pm

I finally smartened up. Haven't seen him in 20 years...
was about to ask you if your unlucky friend was Tetsu... :wink:

Wombat
Forum Marsupial

Post by Wombat » Sun Oct 22, 2006 1:20 am

I was filtering thru traffic one day, trying to make it up to the lights and was going between the trailers of 2 semis when the lights turned green and the trucks took off. I was basically stuck, staring at the double axles of both trucks only cms from me on either side. I thought ..."this is not a good way to die"...... until, luckily one of the drivers saw me in their mirrors and moved over ever so slightly, giving me enough room to shoot out between them. Talk about massive stupidity on my part :oops:

Bob
"The fire is almost out......and there's nothing left to burn!"