New site

General Discussion Forum for TRX Enthusiasts...

Moderators: trixynut, Mincehead, dicky, phuk72, Jak, Kevtrx849

brinx
TRX-Enthusiast

New site

Post by brinx » Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:48 pm

Just got info of a new TRX site at http://www.atfreeforum.com/trxowners the old site is dead long live the new site :P

tz250w
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by tz250w » Wed Sep 20, 2006 2:40 pm

Before we all run off making our own sites, why don't we decide where we want to call home base? As those of you who have bothered to read the announcements will know I have purchased a 5 gig server with unlimited bandwidth to host 'our' site.

I have been asking for suggestions and as soon as I get some stuff together I will be moving the TRX section from here over to there (current threads intact).

Several people have voluntarily contributed towards the cost (paid up for two years). You might want to consider that before running off to all corners of web spreading info out all over the place when it could be archived on one site.

:scratch:
TaZ (Max)

burty
Site Sponsor

Post by burty » Wed Sep 20, 2006 4:15 pm

I have to say I agree.

Better one good site than dilute the information across several mediocre ones. IMHO. Hell there's only a few of us anyway.

I've had it with free sites too. Pissed off with that "It's free therefore the service can be crap" which is hard to argue with TBH.

HolerTogni
Site Sponsor

Post by HolerTogni » Wed Sep 20, 2006 9:29 pm

Me too! :P

Also because Max had given us a place without hesitation when the old site went down!

And since he even had spent some money already, I think we should appreciate it and shouldn't hurry for our next TRX-site (which is also likely to crash, since free - as far as I understood).

Additionally, if we gather some proposals for the new site as Max suggested, we could create "our own" new site!

To me, that sounds great.

... supporting greetings from Munich
Nothing against four cylinders:
TRX 850 & Racetrack-TRiXie :twisted: 8)

Ridgifumi
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by Ridgifumi » Thu Sep 21, 2006 12:31 pm

i've closed the other site down as it seems to have upset a few people,my intention was never to piss anyone off i just wasn't aware of Max's site after the old 1 went down and that's why i made the other 1.Anyway consider the "mediocre site gone".

burty
Site Sponsor

Post by burty » Thu Sep 21, 2006 2:15 pm

Nice work though Ridgy.

Sorry if we offended, that wasn't the intent. I guess it's all the more reason to get the new TRX site up and running and spread the word.

The old myfreebb site is still off I see, is it off for good do you think?

Jak
Site Administrator

Post by Jak » Thu Sep 21, 2006 2:47 pm

burty wrote:The old myfreebb site is still off I see, is it off for good do you think?
Maybe :? Thought that last time and it suddenly appeared again ... I think it's safe to assume it'll never be perfect though. And Max's new site name is pretty cool, easier to remember - just a shame about the bloody :tshirt: I'm gonna buy a fabric marker pen and write the new address on :lol:

brinx
TRX-Enthusiast

site

Post by brinx » Fri Sep 22, 2006 10:21 am

Thats a shame you closed down the site Ridgey i did,nt see a problem with 2 sites as one was for organiseing the oz contingent for runs & barbys etc. Who made taz the boss anyway :?:

tz250w
TRX-Enthusiast

Re: site

Post by tz250w » Fri Sep 22, 2006 10:41 am

brinx wrote: Who made taz the boss anyway :?:
Is that what this is about???

All I said is it might be better to keep everything under one solid roof... :roll:
TaZ (Max)

Ridgifumi
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by Ridgifumi » Fri Sep 22, 2006 2:29 pm

ok i'll keep the other 1 open for the time being,if anyone wants to use it feel free if not well i couldn't care less i'm over forums :roll:

dicky
Site Sponsor / Administrator

Post by dicky » Sat Sep 23, 2006 3:03 am

No one is the boss, it just seemed like a 'good idea' to run the forum from somewhere stable. Max offered, at no cost to us, to run the forum from his company site. Sounds like a deal to me.
We might want some more moderators, both in Aisa/Oz and in the EU/UK timezone for the TRX focussed site.
I'll check who volunteered last call.

dicky.

brinx
TRX-Enthusiast

site

Post by brinx » Sat Sep 23, 2006 11:32 pm

Taz sorry mate i jumped the gun a bit.Ithought you were pissed off but realise you were trying to do the right thing by starting thissite.i did,nt know what was going on so was misinformed about the site. When Ridgy started the new site i thought great a new TRX site to replace the old one that keeps crashing.Now i know we have a new home i,m dead happy & will continue to post :D

Max
Janitor

Post by Max » Sat Sep 23, 2006 11:53 pm

NP Brinx, we've all been a bit frustrated since the demise of the old one. At least now we have someone (me... lol) to bitch at if it goes down again. And I can bitch at the hosting company. :wink:
Max

(TaZ, tz250w)