TRX with NOS.

General Discussion Forum for TRX Enthusiasts...

Moderators: trixynut, Mincehead, dicky, phuk72, Jak, Kevtrx849

burty
Site Sponsor

Post by burty » Thu Sep 14, 2006 10:35 am

A neighbour of mine recently described my TRX as "it's so wrong, it's brilliant"

And he has a point.

It's a parallel twin pretending to be a V-twin,
The engine size is just totally unconventional (well in comparison with current bikes anyway) who the hell makes 850 cc bikes?
The trellis frame is simply not Japanese.

Actually I think the characteristics of the bike owes a lot to the fact that it's a parallel twin rather than a V. Certainly that makes it a lot easier to work on. I'm convinced it aids the handling also, but really don't know that.

What I love about the TRX is the handling is just so sweet, it feels so light it's untrue, and it delivers the fairly low power with real grunt. Mind you, mine is finished before 130mph but it is geared down and has no faring to speak of, more a town hooligans bike :D :D :D

wiplash
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by wiplash » Thu Sep 14, 2006 10:58 am

tz250w wrote:Fast, it's not... :(

Loud as hell it is! (Sorta makes up for the lack of fast... :twisted: )

The best part of it is the 'way' the power, or should I say torque comes on and how light it handles.

For me, smiles per mile is what it's all about.:D
being light and having torque makes a bike fast. i wasn't talking about top speed fast :wink:

And like burty said, what i do like in the bike is the fact that's so special...even stock most people look at it and ask why it has a ducati frame :lol:

Kirk
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by Kirk » Thu Sep 14, 2006 2:52 pm

Just have to put in my peice about how 'fast' the trx is.
1. I've only been riding for 3.5 years, so i'm still sort of getting up to speed and learning to push the rex a bit, and my last bike was a Guzzi 650 Lario, so it feels pretty fast to me;
2. On the flip side before I got the Guzzi I was driving a 5.8L V8 Ford Falcon, :twisted: , so I do have a fair idea of 'fast'!
3. A few weeks ago I went for a run with my brother in law on his CDR929RR, (he's only been riding 3.5 years too, so experience levels similar) and through the twisties around Appin/Picton near me the bikes were identical in speed, only when it opened out he had an acceleration advantage, but I eventually caught him! We even swapped and were still about the same speed, although, I didn't like his because it is gutless down low then kicks in real hard about 5.5k and wants to rev its guts out, and he didn't like mine because quote " as soon as you twist the throttle from down low it just fuggin' GOES!". Yeah, thats what I LIKE about it!

So thats my experiences, its really not any slower, IF you're on the right road! :D

Zanx
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by Zanx » Wed Oct 04, 2006 2:12 am

Anything that sounds like that is immeiately legendary by default :D

Gorgeous.

Can't wait to try mine out in the underground car park.

burty
Site Sponsor

Post by burty » Wed Oct 04, 2006 10:10 am

Zanx wrote:Anything that sounds like that is immeiately legendary by default :D

Gorgeous.

Can't wait to try mine out in the underground car park.
I get to do that every day, can't resist giving it a blip or too. Also I like to s see how many car alarms I can set off. :D :D I can normally get a VW, a BMW and an occasional Porsche. :D

Mind you the highlight of my journey (noise wise) is the Blackwall Tunnel, I still think my bike sounds like a Merlin engine if I wind it right up. Great to see drivers and other bikes actually move aside as you weave over the double whites. :D :D :D :D

trixynut
Site Sponsor

Post by trixynut » Wed Oct 04, 2006 10:26 am

True, the TRX sound is unbeatable. I thought my Renegade system was a bit too loud at first, but then realised that's impossible!

At Rockingham Raceway in the uk, there's a tunnel under the circuit to get access to the pits in the middle, and there's a sign at the entrance to the tunnel on the way in which says something like "Exhaust noise test area"! Blipping it in this concrete tunnel, the sound bounces around and sounds fantastic! :D

Jak
Site Administrator

Post by Jak » Wed Oct 04, 2006 10:42 am

burty wrote:I like to see how many car alarms I can set off. :D :D I can normally get a VW, a BMW and an occasional Porsche. :D
With baffle-less scorpions on I set off most alarms :shock: 8) but like they say ... loud cans save lives ... cage drivers may not see bikes but they sure as hell know I'm there!!!

Who cares if someone's faster top end ... mine's good for 130, but there aren't many roads you can do that on anyway!!! (well not legally!). I'd rather be riding through twisties and grinning than head down, throttle pinned and yawning!
This forum is (and will remain) free of advertising
Please help keep it that way : click here for details of how to donate towards forum costs

Shifty
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by Shifty » Wed Oct 04, 2006 11:01 am

U guys have cans with the E thing on it?? Coz i dont have. (Microns race cans)
And is that legal in the UK??

phuk72
Site Sponsor / Administrator

Post by phuk72 » Wed Oct 04, 2006 11:32 am

In the UK it is only illegal to ride on the road with a can marked "not for road use" or "for race use only".

Not having E numbers is not an offence

trixynut
Site Sponsor

Post by trixynut » Wed Oct 04, 2006 11:41 am

.... but a Rozzer can get your bike noise tested if he thinks it's too loud, even if the cans are not stamped with FRUO or NFRU. Dunno what the decibel limit is though.

Shifty
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by Shifty » Wed Oct 04, 2006 12:26 pm

phuk72 wrote:In the UK it is only illegal to ride on the road with a can marked "not for road use" or "for race use only".

Not having E numbers is not an offence
Thanks for the info, and is there a list or is it stamped in the can.
Coz i only have Micron and a number stamped in the can nothinh like "not for road use or for race use only"

Cheers

burty
Site Sponsor

Post by burty » Wed Oct 04, 2006 4:07 pm

I've been riding for at least 5 years with a small number plate and Renegade cans that are marked "Competition Use Only", and never had a problem. (Technically my rear lights are not legal either.) I have run my TRX with a pair of baffles in place just to keep it a bit quieter but it's much nicer without.

Ironically, my Tuono can is E marked and road legal, but the pop rivet holding the baffle in place fell out so I have run it without the baffle, but it is insanely loud in that form so I don't normally run like that.