New Site Coming...

General Discussion Forum for TRX Enthusiasts...

Moderators: trixynut, Mincehead, dicky, phuk72, Jak, Kevtrx849

tz250w
TRX-Enthusiast

New Site Coming...

Post by tz250w » Fri Sep 08, 2006 1:17 pm

As posted in the "Copying useful information from the main site" thread...
TaZ wrote:Okay... Just to let you know I have paid for two year's worth of hosting, 5 gigs, unlimited bandwidth and a new domain (to be announced once it is resolved).

This is about $160 US dollars (after domain reg and setup fees) that my wife will kill me over if she finds out...

I'll make a "TRX850" subdomain (which will replace the "www" in the address) for a section dedicated to our cause... I ask for help on the content. Especially anyone that is good at web pages and FTP .

As for the board, I will be moving this one to the new domain later, perhaps enlarging it and the plan right now is to offer "User Groups" to specific groups (such as TRX people) for their own "private" sections.

5 Gigs means a lot of stuff can be put there. Unlimited bandwidth means I won't get attacked by the host nazis reaching for my wallet... I will need some reliable folks to help out with the admin of it.

You people can make the board / webpage into your own database. I will do my best to keep it secure and backed up so nothing gets lost.

Since this is a paid for site, with its own domain (unlike the myfreebb thing) I am able to bitch up a storm with the hosting company if any problems arise.

Please pass the word along. I'll post up an announcement once the DNS thing is resolved.
TaZ (Max)

burty
Site Sponsor

Post by burty » Fri Sep 08, 2006 2:53 pm

As responded in the other thread:
burty wrote:
Way to go Max.

Have you got a paypal account or sommat, if we chip in $20-30 that only needs a few of us to make up that $160 before Mrs Max finds out.

Anyroad, I don't understand too much, but will be happy help with whatever. I've lots of experience moderating and doing some basic admin with phpbb on another forum.

I guess what we need is some nice graphic and stuff too.

HansJ
Site Sponsor

Post by HansJ » Fri Sep 08, 2006 3:18 pm

Brilliant Max! I take it Mrs Max has at least a fair knowledge in martial arts, so I am also willing to make a contribution for Your health ;)

bobtrx
Site Sponsor

Post by bobtrx » Sat Sep 09, 2006 3:03 am

Same here Mr Max what I know about computers would fit on the back of a stamp so sending a few convict dollars is my way to help
catch ewe later bob

ekoja
Site Sponsor

Post by ekoja » Sat Sep 09, 2006 8:20 am

Geez Max your a bloody good bloke. :wink:
I will also be happy to contribute

John M
Site Sponsor

Post by John M » Sun Sep 10, 2006 2:01 am

Max, I add my thanks to the rest. Happy to contribute to the cause and to the content/ admin.
cheers
Reintarnation : Coming back to life as a hillbilly

Glen1TRX
Site Sponsor

Post by Glen1TRX » Sun Sep 10, 2006 5:03 am

Thanks Max - count me in for a contribution when you work it all out.
time fades away

mickjmag
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by mickjmag » Sun Sep 10, 2006 6:34 am

You're a legend Max
Would be happy to contribute when you get it all worked out!

Cheers, Mick

phuk72
Site Sponsor / Administrator

Post by phuk72 » Sun Sep 10, 2006 6:25 pm

I take back everything I have ever said about the Yanks :wink:

Max - I'm more than happy to moderate / do some admin shit and I'll even waive my normal fee :D

Also, let me know where and when to pay

LozLul
Site Sponsor

Post by LozLul » Mon Sep 11, 2006 11:05 am

First the awesome maintenance stand, then the rearsets (BTW, can I still buy a set?) and now this...respect and gratitude. Those are the least suspicious words between males I can think right now.

Er...yes. And contribution. That too.

Peter850
Site Sponsor

Post by Peter850 » Fri Sep 22, 2006 6:21 am

When should we expect to see this new site , I ask because we've lost another site and I can't wait to get my daily fix of our own TRX site. If it's going to be awhile maybe Ridge could turn his back on. Not trying to be pushy , but I'm getting desperate :D
Suncoasttrx in another world.

tz250w
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by tz250w » Fri Sep 22, 2006 8:21 am

Umm.... You've got two sections (of this forum) right here now that have been up for over a year. "Yamaha TRX850 Enthusiasts" and "TRX Mods and Upgrades". You're free to use them, and the contents will be shifted to the new forum later anyhow.

If it's a flashy graphic you need to remind you you're at a TRX (only) site, post one in your thread. :wink:

I'm not going to rush and throw it up there, only have to make a bunch of changes right afterwards. Besides, I'm still waiting for as much input as I can get from you all about it. Not only that, I do have a day job (contrary to popular belief...).

So just what is it you want to see on the new site?
TaZ (Max)

burty
Site Sponsor

Post by burty » Fri Sep 22, 2006 9:05 am

tz250w wrote:
So just what is it you want to see on the new site?
A simple no frills forum would be a good starting point. It'll go some way to dealing with the immediate demand.

We can add other content separately later.

tz250w
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by tz250w » Fri Sep 22, 2006 10:37 am

Okay...

I'll start up the new 'no frills' forum as soon as I can. I'm going to transfer the entire database from this one, and delete threads and sections that are not TRX related. Also, I will delete users that are not of the "TRX" group... Problem there, I'll have to do this from memory and some of you may get deleted inadvertently. If this happens, and you don't find your log in working you will have to sign up again. Sorry, but I don't see any other way around it.

Once it is up and running I will post back here. I need to do some testing on it first as the rest of this site will be in another portion of that domain as well. I'm hoping not to cause database/cookie conflicts by running two separate boards with some of the same people registered on both...

Something that would help out a lot is to make sure "TRX" is listed in your profile under "interests and hobbies".
TaZ (Max)

Peter850
Site Sponsor

Post by Peter850 » Sat Sep 23, 2006 12:02 am

Thank you Max, thank you Burty
Suncoasttrx in another world.