tz250w, keihin question....

General Discussion Forum for TRX Enthusiasts...

Moderators: trixynut, Mincehead, dicky, phuk72, Jak, Kevtrx849

Killerwhale
Site Sponsor

tz250w, keihin question....

Post by Killerwhale » Tue Aug 22, 2006 8:53 am

Hi Max!
I´ve now got the keihin 41´s....and i bought the sockfilter (ramair) you´ve recommended on the crappy free forum....fix it already!!

Got everything standard in engine as you have...original downpipes with Termignoni oval racecans.

Did you have to change any jets etc.?? Should i order anything else before getting it to the dyno?? Did you connect the TPS or are you using the "fix"?

Cheers mate!

//M

tz250w
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by tz250w » Tue Aug 22, 2006 9:56 am

Heya,

I have only played with the main jets, the 41s I got were damned close right out of the box and all I've noticed is that I need to go down a couple sizes in the hot months as it runs a bit rich. I don't use the TPS as I'm running the OVER ignitor.

Currently the mains in my bike are a 155 on the right and a 160 on the left (sitting on the bike). I run the left a bit richer as that side retains more heat. I should probably be down to maybe a 145/150 combo with as hot as it is here right now but I'm lazy... :oops:
TaZ (Max)

Killerwhale
Site Sponsor

Post by Killerwhale » Tue Aug 22, 2006 10:29 am

tz250w wrote:Heya,

I have only played with the main jets, the 41s I got were damned close right out of the box and all I've noticed is that I need to go down a couple sizes in the hot months as it runs a bit rich. I don't use the TPS as I'm running the OVER ignitor.

Currently the mains in my bike are a 155 on the right and a 160 on the left (sitting on the bike). I run the left a bit richer as that side retains more heat. I should probably be down to maybe a 145/150 combo with as hot as it is here right now but I'm lazy... :oops:

OK, thanks! I don´t think heat will be a problem for me in Sweden! :lol:

Triton

Post by Triton » Wed Aug 30, 2006 6:29 am

I'm thinking of the Keihin 41FCRs which I can get new from Show and Go in South Australia for about $1700 jetted for standard bike with airbox adaptors included. I run a K&N filter. Is this the best way to go and what's the score with the TPS as i use the standard ignitor. Thanks... :?

tz250w
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by tz250w » Wed Aug 30, 2006 7:42 am

I'm guessing you need the TPS cancel mod. either that or get a set with the TPS mount attached (mine has one, but I don't use it with the OVER box).

On a side note, why do you need the stock box attached anyhow? Sorta like putting a muzzle on your killer mutt. All that noise is half the fun! :twisted:
TaZ (Max)

Triton

Post by Triton » Wed Aug 30, 2006 9:57 am

Thanks Max, I'll ask S&G how much the TPS mount is. As for the airbox issue I'm after reliable power not noise and want to minimise the amount of cutting and shutting I have to do. However, I'll do whatever is necessary so it may be I'll go for the pod filter as suggested. Just want to wake up a few more 600s - that's all! :o

tz250w
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by tz250w » Wed Aug 30, 2006 11:48 am

Wake up the 600s... Nothing wakes them up more than a loud back-firing exhaust (happens when the FCRs slam shut), then the rumble and howling snort from those big 41s honking right behind them much earlier than they can even think about cracking it open. Funny as hell watching necks shrink and lines getting porked as they think they're about to get run over by some evil fire snorting beast. :twisted:

(Little do they know, all they have to do is look at their tach, concentrate on their line and blast away down the next straight... :roll: Squids, the lot of them... hahaha)
TaZ (Max)